Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 food and service at the Norwich game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has there been a single post on this yet?

Does the lack of moaning indicate an improvement on Saturday?

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
Has there been a single post on this yet?

Does the lack of moaning indicate an improvement on Saturday?

It was actually dreadful! I took straight to twitter to highlight how bad it was. At half time there was no food in the 1901 area at all. Then there was no milk, no sugar and hardly any tea at half time. Despite asking the lack of staff to top up these items we were made to wait 11 minutes. Only then, about 7 milk sachets were handed to us all - which lasted about 20 seconds.

Because of this wait, I nipped down to the main concourse to buy a burger. £6 for a burger and soft drink. The soft drinks had all run out so they were not available. The burger (when it arrived - I waited while it cooked!!!) was nothing better than a frozen birdseye burger. It was TINY and burnt! My friends all laughed it was that bad. A MASSIVE step backwards from last year that is for sure. I won't be spending any further money on food this season that is for sure.

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
Chicken and chips £14 ........ Mmmm popped to the concourse pre match early ... Cheeseburger £4.10 ... Very hot and pretty tasty ... Coffee ran out at half time ( bupa lounge ) complete shambles ... And that's when the lounge is by no where near full .. It's pretty poor really ......

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
**WARNING - BORING POST **

Me: "Can I still pay for pies at the bar?" (not realising that now, this is the only place you can buy them.. oh and there's a pie cabinet at the end of the bar)
Bartender: "I think so"
*Internal meeting between 3 bar staff*
Bartender: "Yes. You can."
Me: "Yeah, sorry I only just saw the cabinet full of pies! Can I have a Chicken and Gammon one please?"
Bartendar: "Erm..."
Bartender: "We've got Steak or Chicken and Gammon"
Me: "I know. I'd like the Chicken and Gammon one please. "
*Pie plated up and served*
Bartender: "That's £3.90 please"
*Card handed over*

But I must say, after they'd worked out if they sell pies, which pies they sold, which pie I wanted, whether that pie was available, how to work the till, how to process the card and how to give me my receipt.. the pie itself was very nice indeed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There seems to be a number of people that have, after 2 years, finally run out of patience and are firmly refusing to buy anything from now given the quality has deteriorated to badly. It was a bold move to axe Azure and when making such moves you have to get it right. To go from one shower to something even worse is a very very bad judgement call indeed. And before anyone says something about them needing time to bed in the stop-gap caterers did a great job. And the product quality, menu ideas and pricing of products doesn't need time.

From the evidence in front of me I now believe the change was financially driven as opposed to quality. Very sad indeed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Chicken and chips £14 ........ Mmmm popped to the concourse pre match early ... Cheeseburger £4.10 ... Very hot and pretty tasty ... Coffee ran out at half time ( bupa lounge ) complete shambles ... And that's when the lounge is by no where near full .. It's pretty poor really ......

Interested in how you 'popped to the concourse pre match' . Is there a special code word we have to use? :D

D

Deleted member 22389

There seems to be a number of people that have, after 2 years, finally run out of patience and are firmly refusing to buy anything from now given the quality has deteriorated to badly. It was a bold move to axe Azure and when making such moves you have to get it right. To go from one shower to something even worse is a very very bad judgement call indeed. And before anyone says something about them needing time to bed in the stop-gap caterers did a great job. And the product quality, menu ideas and pricing of products doesn't need time.

From the evidence in front of me I now believe the change was financially driven as opposed to quality. Very sad indeed.

It is sad. It will show in the end of years accounts when they see food and drink sales are down. What I can't understand is why the club outsource these services.
Sounds to me that are not training people up properly and paying the absolute minimum they can for staff. They need to pay proper money and get proper people who have worked in the catering industry who can handle this type of frantic service.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003

Jo Brooks has organised a "focus group" to help improve the matchday experience. I think it includes a brief tasting and review of menus and wine lists for the season ahead. It is tonight 6.00 until 7.00 in the BMW Chandlers Lounge. I may pop along just to see what is going down and give some feedback face to face with the Sodexo team. Pop along :drink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BUPA 1901 is set up like a canteen now, except for the £95 meal at the front of the lounge overlooking the pitch, or it was on Saturday

Formica like tables with no cloths and all a bit down market, seemed to have a few diners though.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Whilst I'm at it.. I cannot believe they've got the nerve to charge £14 for such shit food.

Now that they've got more tables that anyone can sit and eat at (which is much better), if the "Meal of the Day" was a tenner every week, they would sell tons IMO. Not that I'd do it every game, but handing over a tenner to get some half decent dinner once in a while is reasonable.

I just don't get how they justify £14 (or wasn't something even £19 at Villareal?) It's just an utter piss take. People see through that and until the price comes down I don't think they'll get much custom at all..

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
**WARNING - BORING POST **

Me: "Can I still pay for pies at the bar?" (not realising that now, this is the only place you can buy them.. oh and there's a pie cabinet at the end of the bar)
Bartender: "I think so"
Bartender: "Yes. You can."
Me: "Yeah, sorry I only just saw the cabinet full of pies! Can I have a Chicken and Gammon one please?"
Bartendar: "Erm..."
Bartender: "We've got Steak or Chicken and Gammon"
Me: "I know. I'd like the Chicken and Gammon one please. "
*Pie plated up and served*
Bartender: "That's £3.90 please"
*Card handed over*

But I must say, after they'd worked out if they sell pies, which pies they sold, which pie I wanted, whether that pie was available, how to work the till, how to process the card and how to give me my receipt.. the pie itself was very nice indeed.

I just bought my steak & ale pie in Dick's and took it to my (WSL) seat to eat while watching the warm-up. No queueing, no hassle and they knew exactly what to do. I also had a very nice pint of Hophead while I was in there.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Jo Brooks has organised a "focus group" to help improve the matchday experience. I think it includes a brief tasting and review of menus and wine lists for the season ahead. It is tonight 6.00 until 7.00 in the BMW Chandlers Lounge. I may pop along just to see what is going down and give some feedback face to face with the Sodexo team. Pop along :drink:

This meeting is limited to 30 people and you have to accept the invitation to attend by email so 'popping along' is not possible!

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Whilst I'm at it.. I cannot believe they've got the nerve to charge £14 for such shit food.

Now that they've got more tables that anyone can sit and eat at (which is much better), if the "Meal of the Day" was a tenner every week, they would sell tons IMO. Not that I'd do it every game, but handing over a tenner to get some half decent dinner once in a while is reasonable.

I just don't get how they justify £14 (or wasn't something even £19 at Villareal?) It's just an utter piss take. People see through that and until the price comes down I don't think they'll get much custom at all..

It is £14 if you take 'some' of the selection available, £19 if you have a bit of everything.

Marketed as a 'buffet' but it is actually ONE plate that is served to you!

In our lounge there was ONE diner on Saturday, probably 6 yesterday.

Food was ok but the spring rolls were soggy, as were the prawns so basically it amounted to a plate of rice with sweet & sour chicken (without any sweet & sour sauce) for £19!!!

No chocolate, no crisps - alternative was...surprise, surprise, a pie!

Totally unacceptable and not worth the money at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here