Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New season, new PHYSIQUE? Leo Ulloa and Will Buckley?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I noticed on a couple of other threads, that both Leo Ulloa and Will Buckley, are considered to be a little bit 'off the pace', by some.

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I think there might be a reason for this. I reckon both of them have been given very specific regimes pre-season to alter their body shape. Leo looks considerably leaner now than when he arrived, and Buckley has bulked up massively.

Maybe they are just getting used to the differences. Just a thought.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
How dare you apply a rational thought to this and present a considered argument.

No place for that kind of nonsense here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well if you are right it'll be down to Helge Riepenhof, so I'm all in.

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
FWIW I also noticed this with Buckley. It would be nice if this is the end of his injury woes.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Our strikers will be superfit to defend from the front, so i can see Leo losing a pound or two to charge around more comfortably. Ideally, that won't tire him too much when looking to speed onto a throughball or weaken his bulk to hold of a centreback in battle. Buckles hopefully is muscling up at all to defend himself against a certain fragility that has him on the physio's table more than other players.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
An interesting tactic considering Ulloa's biggest asset seemed to be his strength and size, and Buckley's seemed to be his agility and speed.

In Helge wir vertrauen

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An interesting tactic considering Ulloa's biggest asset seemed to be his strength and size, and Buckley's seemed to be his agility and speed.

In Helge wir vertrauen

But if Buckley's speed, I don't see him as being Mr Agility, is stopping him from playing, what's the point in having it.
He's so much faster than most defenders surely shaving a fraction off his '5th gear' in favour of a little more solidity is no bad thing.

As for Leo, probably the reverse is true.

Assuming any of this is the case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Point taken obviously, but it certainly wouldn't hurt Ulloa to be a bit more mobile, or Buckley to be a bit stronger. Clearly there is a crucial balance to be struck.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I have to admit I noticed this with Buckley against Villareal. I'm hopeful it's representative of an attempt to finally put his injury issues behind him.

El-Abd also seemed a bit chunkier...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here