Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free BTSport to BT Broadbanders... can anyone figure this out?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just had promotional leaflet and letter from BT. I have a contract already with their Broadband and when I fill in the details online it ends up wanted to charge me £12 a month plus £15 installation... where's that free?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its unintelligent online system probably, that doesnt see that you already with them. once you've paid the normal line rental and broadband fee, the BT sport service is free. unless you want to watch it through telly box then they charge for a set top box :rant:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I need to figure this out too.

I have BT Broadband, but am not in an 'infinity' area. This means, according to BT, I can watch BT Sport through my aerial using a BT Vision+ box (which I already have) and a viewing card. Problem is the viewing cards are not available yet.

Also, I can watch BT Sport on my computer or smartphone - I have not worked out how to do this yet...

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

I have BT Broadband, but am not in an 'infinity' area. This means, according to BT, I can watch BT Sport through my aerial using a BT Vision+ box (which I already have) and a viewing card. Problem is the viewing cards are not available yet.

Also, I can watch BT Sport on my computer or smartphone - I have not worked out how to do this yet...

This is the page you specifically need, you need to create a BT id login(or whatever its called) then you should be good to go

https://www.bt.com/reg/consumer/dis...ge&redirectURL=https://www.bt.com/youraccount

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
The trouble with that EDS is that I want to watch thru Sky and the form simply takes you thru it all and ends up asking for this £12 monthly description
Hold everything, it's now come up OK and FREE...thanks eaglesdestroyseagulls

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Yea I had the same problem. I have a Sky box so wanted the TV channels added to that but there's nowhere on the website you can make it happen without them trying to charge you.

Just gotta ring them up, choose from an obscene amount of numerical options before you finally get through to a person who'll eventually take your viewing card number and sort it out.

Absolute pain in the arse BUT I only signed up so as to get the free sports channels so there was no way I was just gonna give up and let it slide. You need to do it TODAY in order to get the HD upgrade at no extra cost

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Yea I had the same problem. I have a Sky box so wanted the TV channels added to that but there's nowhere on the website you can make it happen without them trying to charge you.

Just gotta ring them up, choose from an obscene amount of numerical options before you finally get through to a person who'll eventually take your viewing card number and sort it out.

Absolute pain in the arse BUT I only signed up so as to get the free sports channels so there was no way I was just gonna give up and let it slide. You need to do it TODAY in order to get the HD upgrade at no extra cost

Bizarrely you can only get bt sports on 1 sky box regardless of how many boxes you have. Also have the number of the card you want bt sports on when you ring :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not going as well as BT hoped re new subscriber numbers, just 23,000 new sign ups to 30th June.

Although current subscribers are renewing their contracts with 500,000 committing to a new contract. Most of those would have probably stayed with BT anyway.

D

Deleted member 22389

You now on this is an excellent deal, but I really can't be bothered with it. I don't have SKY either so that's me out of watching it on the big TV.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
i have bt broadband and bt vision, take it i dont need to do anything and it should just start working? havent really given it a thought until now

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
i have bt broadband and bt vision, take it i dont need to do anything and it should just start working? havent really given it a thought until now

If you have BT infinity it should just start working on your tellybox. If not, you will need a viewing card. I enquired about viewing cards yesterday, and they still are not saying when they will be available.

In the meantime, you will be able to watch through your computer.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

No, you have to sign a new contract to get it. It's free, but you have to commit to a new contract. It won't just magically appear on August 1st.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You now on this is an excellent deal, but I really can't be bothered with it. I don't have SKY either so that's me out of watching it on the big TV.

that depends on your computer and big TV. if you have dual DVI output (likely or cheap to get), and a spare HDMI or "PC" DSUB on the TV (almost definatly), a simple DVI-HDMI or DVI-DSUB will put your browser up on the big TV. your PC will probably extend your desktop to the right to accomadate the new screen, so you could still use the PC. laptops can be more tricky but should have a DSUB output at least so run to a DSUB input on TV (iirc cant do DSUB to HDMI only other way)

This is the page you specifically need, you need to create a BT id login(or whatever its called) then you should be good to go

https://www.bt.com/reg/consumer/dis...ge&redirectURL=https://www.bt.com/youraccount

Sorry, just to clarify - does this mean that, at the moment, without BT Infinity I can't watch BT Sport on my TV (despite BT promising months ago that I'd be able to in time for launch)? And that the only thing that I need to watch it online is my BT ID login, and not to re-sign for another 12 months?

It might just be me being a thicky, but I think the information from BT on this has been absolutely piss poor. I 'expressed my interest' in the service months ago (i.e. signed up to the mailing list), once they discovered that I didn't have Infinity, and they said that they'd keep me informed on how I could get it. All I've had since is a load of marketing emails and nothing in any way useful, and going on the BT website last week to try to work it out was like some kind of torture, with the website sending me round in circles with absolutely no answers.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't have infinity, just regular BT Broadband. I am getting BT SS1, SS2 & ESPN though my Skybox for free, and for the first year I have been upgraded to their HD service, also for free.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here