Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Reynolds

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Please say he's gone. We could do so much better.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Never fails to make me smile.

Clarissa:

presenter_richard.png

Richard:

clarissa_dickson_wright_1x1.jpg

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Presumably he has some houses to sell? Always looked like some wideboy estate agent had wandered onto the pitch and grabbed the mike.

He always reminds me of a very dodgy second hand car dealer. A right smarmy git.
But he's probably a very nice person.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't really see the issue with Reynolds myself. I think he does a reasonable enough job.

Agreed. What exactly are people after that Richie doesn't bring to the job. He seems relaxed, knowledgeable and isn't prone to making you cringe unlike his counterparts at Reading, Palace, Arsenal, Watford.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. What exactly are people after that Richie doesn't bring to the job. He seems relaxed, knowledgeable and isn't prone to making you cringe unlike his counterparts at Reading, Palace, Arsenal, Watford.....
dougdeep (aka Titus when dougdeep is banned) seems to think we can do so much better. I'd like to know who he has in mind, or indeed an example of someone who IS doing a much better job.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Don't really see the issue with Reynolds myself. I think he does a reasonable enough job.

I think it's similar to Paul Barber.

There are legitimate gripes to be had, but it seems that many dislike him because everyone else seems to.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
dougdeep (aka Titus when dougdeep is banned) seems to think we can do so much better. I'd like to know who he has in mind, or indeed an example of someone who IS doing a much better job.

Its a very, very difficult job to get right, imo. Reynolds is a BIT cheesy, but better than many. I was at the Olympic stadium on Friday night for the athletics, and they had Colin Murray, on the mic for an hour before he handed over to Iwan Thomas for the event proper. Murray was probably paid a good few thousands for his hour, and he was utterly, utterly dreadful. Cringeworthy. Brain-hurtingly awful.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Quite. All you need is someone personable to read out the teamsheets, names of the ball boys/girls, a very small bit of banter with the crowd and no 'crazy' personalities please. RR seems to do all that. I'm struggling to think what it is that Dougdeep/Titus wants (other than to cheer the f**k up).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He just drones on and on, he should develop more excitement. Titus still isn't me but he is due back from his holiday at the weekend, I'll pass on the message that he has been missed. (I have never been banned)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here