Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which players are the winners from pre-season

Stumpy Tim

With a new manager & coaching staff in place, pre-season was the time to impress. So who do you think has boosted their standing in the first team squad in comparison to last season?

Obviously Solly March, but it seems Maksimenko is in favour. Barnes has also stepped up a gear when needed too

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
With a new manager & coaching staff in place, pre-season was the time to impress. So who do you think has boosted their standing in the first team squad in comparison to last season?

Obviously Solly March, but it seems Maksimenko is in favour. Barnes has also stepped up a gear when needed too

Would agree with this. Ince has probably helped himself as well.....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Would agree with the names posted so far and would add Dickenson.

Looking at those who should have really shone and didn't I would suggest Buckley and Leo. I know that he set up Barnes' goal against VR and held the ball up well, again particularly against VR, but, imo, he didn't look half the player he did for the second half of last season. I hope I'm wrong, because he needs to be scoring for fun if we're to have a successful season, but he didn't look to me like a 20 goal player.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Would agree with the names posted so far and would add Dickenson.

Looking at those who should have really shone and didn't I would suggest Buckley and Leo. I know that he set up Barnes' goal against VR and held the ball up well, again particularly against VR, but, imo, he didn't look half the player he did for the second half of last season. I hope I'm wrong, because he needs to be scoring for fun if we're to have a successful season, but he didn't look to me like a 20 goal player.

Some players do seem to be completely off the pace in pre season and then look mustard in competitive games- just look at Buckley in his first season with us for example.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I say it every year, dont read anything into Pre-Season friendlies.

Certainly tho March,JFC and Ince all impressed enough last night to suggest they should be in and around the squad :)

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Clearly one or two of the dev squad players have done themselves no harm. I thought Buckley looked unfit and disinterested on Saturday. Ulloa looked no better than Dickenson. Sure things will be different in a real competitive game though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I only watched the Villareal game so can't really comment but Dickenson interested me in that game and I would like to see more of him. He looked really strong, hungry and put himself about. From what others have seen of him, is he an out and out striker or a winger though?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I only watched the Villareal game so can't really comment but Dickenson interested me in that game and I would like to see more of him. He looked really strong, hungry and put himself about. From what others have seen of him, is he an out and out striker or a winger though?

Striker but can play wide left too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hope Crofts improves, he has been non-existent since he re-signed.

Fixed for you :thumbsup:

Weird though - I really liked him first time round, and thought he was a brilliant signing, when we got him back. He seems to work really hard without ever really influencing the game.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Albert Jarrett , mc cloud . Scouser maybe wrong name

Treat with caution

Answering the question jfc , march both look ready

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Fixed for you :thumbsup:

Weird though - I really liked him first time round, and thought he was a brilliant signing, when we got him back. He seems to work really hard without ever really influencing the game.

I can only recall him touching the ball once last night, I forgot he was even on the field till SD passed to him around the 20 minute mark.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Barnes, Upson and Orlandi probably the best players overall. Dickinson, March and JFC all look good.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm convinced that Ashley Barnes is going to revolutionise the way we even think about football this season. He's going to redefine 'skill', tear up every record book going and the back pages of the Currant Bun will be filled with fawning over his consummate ability and quotes about how much Moyes & Mourinho admire him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
i'm convinced that ashley barnes is going to revolutionise the way we even think about football this season. He's going to redefine 'skill', tear up every record book going and the back pages of the currant bun will be filled with fawning over his consummate ability and quotes about how much moyes & mourinho admire him.

and then we will lose half the posters on here

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here