Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thoughts on how he played last night? Does he still look quality?

If he were available, unlikely I know, how would he fit into the Albion side and in place of who?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
How many players have left Albion and come back and been better than they were before they left??

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Class player, final delivery better than anything we've got currently. looks a threat running towards goal. doesn't have Buckley's or KLL's pace, but not far off.

He would walk into my Brighton team in place of Buckley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How many players have left Albion and come back and been better than they were before they left??

Virtually every player who has come back is past their best though as we always seem to get them back at the end do their careers, Crofts aside who has been a big disappointment...so far.

I can think of one who came back better than when he left and became quite influential though - Dean Wilkins

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Doesn't have the trickery of players like Lua Lua or Nathan Redmond (who scared the hell outr of our defence last night) or the outright pace of Buckley, but critically can actually deliver a killer ball in to the box. Ulloa would have a goal fest with Benno feeding him.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Doesn't have the trickery of players like Lua Lua or Nathan Redmond (who scared the hell outr of our defence last night) or the outright pace of Buckley, but critically can actually deliver a killer ball in to the box. Ulloa would have a goal fest with Benno feeding him.
Redmond was class last night,Norwich best player award ...would like someone like him in the team...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Virtually every player who has come back is past their best though as we always seem to get them back at the end do their careers, Crofts aside who has been a big disappointment...so far.

I can think of one who came back better than when he left and became quite influential though - Dean Wilkins

Steve foster

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Didn't stop whining & moaning, big girls blouse :)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Didn't stop whining & moaning, big girls blouse :)

This. Looked like premiership football has turned him into a moaning billy big bollocks and I personally didn't think he stood out of their team Redmond was by far the bigger threat and Masimenko did well against Bennett, perhaps it's only me though because I wasn't overly enthused by the whole thing

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Never really understand the fascination about getting former players back. The most recent example in Crofts has been a real disappointment ... was hoping he'd really improve after the summer break but judging by pre season alone he hasn't, and now thinking he doesn't deserve a start at Leeds

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
This. Looked like premiership football has turned him into a moaning billy big bollocks and I personally didn't think he stood out of their team Redmond was by far the bigger threat and Masimenko did well against Bennett, perhaps it's only me though because I wasn't overly enthused by the whole thing

he barely got a look in last season, just the odd appearance off the bench

what looked like moaning was probably just frustration with trying to impress

will be even tougher for him to get game time this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here