[Official Site] Oscar Praises Pre-Season Performances

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-ll229-955714_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
00:00 31st July 2013
by Adam Tighe
Oscar Garcia says he is impressed with how Albion have handled a tough pre-season schedule, but there is still room for improvement.Solly March’s second-half thunderbolt earned Albion a 1-1 draw against Norwich City, but Albion's head coach feels his team are still not at 100 per cent despite a solid second-half performance against strong Premier League opponents.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We played with some young players and they performed very well. I am happy because we had a tough pre-season against teams from La Liga in Spain, and now the Premier League.
"We played very well in some periods but now the challenge is for us to do this more regularly and this is the way I want us to continue.
“It is not just us; nobody is 100 per cent yet. We started pre-season three or four weeks ago and the way we have to go is to improve every day.
“Tonight in the second half we played much better and we deserved the result against a very good team, who have very good technical players.
elland-road-lead229-740159.jpg

“It was an amazing goal, we know the abilities of Solly but other players played well also. I reiterate we must try and improve every game, every practice and we are focused on achieving this.”
Leeds United are first up for Albion as Oscar and his staff take charge of their first Championship fixture, and the head coach now has all eyes on the trip to Elland Road.
“I am excited about going to Leeds, but of course I would prefer to start here at the Amex with all the fans, but you have to play against all the teams in the league, so we are happy to start there."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here