Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game - a game of two halves

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A game of two halves if ever there was one. Shocking first half. Brilliant second.

Highlights:
Solly March: Brilliant second half display. Strong, quick, loves to shoot - three shots on target, one goal.
Maksimenko: Very promising second half. One error, but otherwise an accomplished performance. Quick, good defensively, passing excellent. Could he be the solution to our LB problem?
Augustein: Very good second half after a slowish start. Strong and quick.
Lua Lua: Good game.
Kuszczack: Some excellent first half saves.

Lowlights:
Bridcutt: Shocking passing. Overall poor display. Worst I have seen from him. Hope it's temporary.
Dunk: Didn't fill me with confidence.
Buckley: Disappointing. Both Lua Lua and March were better.

This will give Oscar something to think about when he picks his team for Saturday.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Agree with that mate apart from maxi, might well come good but looks a bit inexperienced. We need a left back now!

A game of two halves if ever there was one. Shocking first half. Brilliant second.

Highlights:
Solly March: Brilliant second half display. Strong, quick, loves to shoot - three shots on target, one goal.
Maksimenko: Very promising second half. One error, but otherwise an accomplished performance. Quick, good defensively, passing excellent. Could he be the solution to our LB problem?

Lowlights:
Bridcutt: Shocking passing. Overall poor display. Worst I have seen from him. Hope it's temporary.

This will give Oscar something to think about when he picks his team for Saturday.

crowd?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Bridcutt might not have had a great game tonight but if we don't get some decent cover for him and he gets injured we will struggle for those matches

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Highlights:

Lowlights:

Agreed.

Ince looked strong in midfield as well.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

Highlights:

Lowlights:

To be quite honest I thought Ince and JFC also had solid games. As you say Oscar has something to think about. Crofts and Buckley must be close to losing their places. I also thought that marmite man Barnes was our best player in the first half. Augustein looks good and once fit I think will be an automatic pick. If the development squad guys continue to impress it could be they get game time as the way Oscar wants to play is high tempo and it will need quick players. Think Greer may be in trouble as he does not move the ball quick enough and struggles with accuracy when passing forwards. Thought it was a good performance tonight and didn't think we were that bad in the first half. If Orlandi had scored we would have gone in 1-1.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Bridcutt might not have had a great game tonight but if we don't get some decent cover for him and he gets injured we will struggle for those matches

Difficult to judge on 45 mins in a friendly, but I thought Rohan Ince did well in the Bridcutt role in the 2nd half and also brings the added advantage of height at set pieces. Would like to think he could be a long term alternative to Bridcutt but time will tell.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Looked much better in the second half when we managed to keep possession. Bridcutt had a shocker, glad he's getting them out of his system before the season starts.

Kemy looked good on the ball and Ince also looked tidy.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Highlights:

Lowlights:

Good assessment.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I thought Maxi was good - would like to see him get a run out for a few league games now.

March was class as was JFC. Augustien looked sharp so really looking forward to him being a key player once match fit.

Wasn't Bridcutts best but wow that's 1 in 50+ so think we can allow him that.

Liked the way Augustien was urging the team to push forward in second half too.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Agree with that mate apart from maxi, might well come good but looks a bit inexperienced. We need a left back now!

Did not take long for the same old comments to come out. One bad cross field ball in the first half and he is not good enough. He had a good game tonight. Why can't we give our young players credit when they play well. We are quick enough to slag them off when they play badly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Glad to hear Bridders feigned a shocker to throw Hughton off the scent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought the general performance was ok and augers well for the future.

Maksimenko gave the best performance of a left back this season so may start on Saturday.
Dont agree about Buckley thought he did the job well when on.
Spanish Dave completely ran the midfield.
Auguistein looked strong and skillfull with an eye for a long pass.
Dunk started off very well until his lack of concentration allowed their goal and this seemed to affect his further play.
Greer was poor when he came on and would think his place on Saturday is in doubt to El Abd who did everything right.

We showed a lot more organisation and awareness than against Villareal, which is probably down to the management team having time on the training field.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Generally agree with the above, although I wasn't impressed with Lua Lua; he had some decent chances to pass down the wing but seemed totally uninterested in doing anything other than getting to the byline and crossing. If he doesn't mix it up a bit he'll be too easy for opposing teams to counter.

One other thing that worried me is that there were a few occasions in the second half where I thought that shots should have been passes to players in better positions. It's all well and good to talk about a more shooting-oriented game but Ulloa stood and watched poor shots from other players too many times for my liking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here