Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EE terrible customer service

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone have experience of them? Orange were okay, call centre in Newcastle, efficient, knowlegdable staff, prompt service. EE, call centre in India, poor grasp of language, failing to understand what I'm asking/telling them, been waiting for them to call me back since 11.30

They will call you after an hour sir
After an hour or IN an hour?
After an hour sir
Right, how long after the hour?
After the hour sir
Is your supervisor calling me back IN an hour or in at least an hour?
Hour Sir
How long?
Yes Sir
Oh **** Off.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
:lolol:

Call Centres should really be kept in the UK, truely shocking service provided by some, although Barclays late night staff are quite amusing to chat to, especially when drunk after they have tried to cancel your card.

How long are you tied in with them for Nibbs?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Until about 3 hours ago when I switched to Vodafone. If EE bother to call back they will get told to ram it.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Haha.

I had an online conversation on 'Live Help' with a chap from India (called Frank!) who could not grasp what I was trying to ask. If he didn't understand one of my questions he simply replied 'You will be pleasured Sir'. This was funny to start with but lessened over the 20 frustrating minutes!

I feel your pain Nibs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I had my first foray into EE customer service a couple of weeks ago. Kirsty was definitely not in India and was informative and very helpful...

Dialling 150 from mobile got me through to some random in India unless of course I was just unlucky and EE now recruit people by driving a van round Oldham looking for people who have never spoken English before in their entire lives.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Haha.

I had an online conversation on 'Live Help' with a chap from India (called Frank!) who could not grasp what I was trying to ask. If he didn't understand one of my questions he simply replied 'You will be pleasured Sir'. This was funny to start with but lessened over the 20 frustrating minutes!

I feel your pain Nibs.

Haha! Yep, I went through no less than 6 option routers before this wally picked up the phone and kept me talking for another 25 mins. I question wether she was actually on the other end of the phone for half of it.

Are you just annoyed because the Indian employee got the call centre job over you by working twice as hard and for a fifth as much than you?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Are you just annoyed because the Indian employee got the call centre job over you by working twice as hard and for a fifth as much than you?

It's not the Indiaqn employee I have a problem with or that it's in India, believe me I was just as horrified when a Geordie answered my BT query the other week.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I think the title needs adjusting. You can remove the word "Service" from it.

You were given a straight answer and instead of accepting it, decided to be obtuse and rude. I hope you feel proud of yourself.
How do you suppose a precise time can be worked out for you? Do they know in advance how long the other calls he has to deal with before you will take?

It's not the Indiaqn employee I have a problem with or that it's in India, believe me I was just as horrified when a Geordie answered my BT query the other week.

Perhaps you should be a little less selfish and a little more accepting of others?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Perhaps you should be a little less selfish and a little more accepting of others?

First things first. Stop being a ****. Secondly, why should I accept the fact that EE have been over charging me highly, for months and why should I accept that the person dealing with my problem isn't capable of understanding what I'm telling them and why should I accept them still not calling me back 4 and a half hours after they said they would. It's irrelevant where they are or where they are from, what is immensely ****ing relevant is whether they are fit for purpose. I accept a language barrier when I ring a foreign country, however I expect my quite pressing problem (they have barred my phone as I'm refusing to pay what they have charged me, 3 x agreed figure each month!). I am self employed and on the road, I need to be able to phone and text, they are losing me significant amounts of money. I should be cool losing money because EE are too tight to pay and employ staff capable of fixing problems? Come off it, even someone as green as you must have some understanding of that.

Selfish? ****ing right I'm selfish when it comes to a company trying to screw me over and is losing me money, yep, I can be a bit selfish over little things like paying a mortgage and eating.

So before you come on here with your pompous, right on horseshit why don't YOU try to be a bit more accepting?

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think the title needs adjusting. You can remove the word "Service" from it.

You were given a straight answer and instead of accepting it, decided to be obtuse and rude. I hope you feel proud of yourself.
How do you suppose a precise time can be worked out for you? Do they know in advance how long the other calls he has to deal with before you will take?

Hardly rude is it? I know they are busy but perhaps if they want to charge me £49 a month instead of the £17 on my contract they can have the courtesy to ring me back when they say they will. And it wasn't a straight answer was it, if you think it was you must have very , VERY low standards.

I think people forget who is actually the service provider these days.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Anyone have experience of them? Orange were okay, call centre in Newcastle, efficient, knowlegdable staff, prompt service. EE, call centre in India, poor grasp of language, failing to understand what I'm asking/telling them, been waiting for them to call me back since 11.30

They will call you after an hour sir
After an hour or IN an hour?
After an hour sir
Right, how long after the hour?
After the hour sir
Is your supervisor calling me back IN an hour or in at least an hour?
Hour Sir
How long?
Yes Sir
Oh **** Off.

I have these conversations even now, as most of the people I speak on the phone to these days are Indian.

When I worked in Saudi, I had that very same conversation.

It ended with:
Me: So, do you mean the engineer will be here in an hour or not?
Him: Inshalla (if god wills it)...
aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

When I left BT in 2003 my manager said my salary was going to cover the wages of NINE call centre agents in Delhi where the work was being transferred to.

First things first. Stop being a ****. Secondly, why should I accept the fact that EE have been over charging me highly, for months and why should I accept that the person dealing with my problem isn't capable of understanding what I'm telling them and why should I accept them still not calling me back 4 and a half hours after they said they would. It's irrelevant where they are or where they are from, what is immensely ****ing relevant is whether they are fit for purpose. I accept a language barrier when I ring a foreign country, however I expect my quite pressing problem (they have barred my phone as I'm refusing to pay what they have charged me, 3 x agreed figure each month!). I am self employed and on the road, I need to be able to phone and text, they are losing me significant amounts of money.

So before you come on here with your pompous, right on horseshit why don't YOU try to be a bit more accepting?

2 things. Firstly, I feel sorry for the poor fella on the other end of the phone to you if this is how you react to people.

Secondly, why did you take out or stick with your current deal? I'm guessing that price was a huge determining factor. If I offered you the same deal and a UK based call centre for double the monthly cost would you have taken it? Or do you prefer cheap bills and a very mild language inconvenience occasionally? The call centre in India SAVES YOU MONEY. Stop moaning or pay up.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
:lolol:

Call Centres should really be kept in the UK, truely shocking service provided by some, although Barclays late night staff are quite amusing to chat to, especially when drunk after they have tried to cancel your card.

How long are you tied in with them for Nibbs?

My mother called me...she is 90... to tell me she was fed up with her bank, as everytime she called them, an Indian person answered, and she really couldnt understand them...
No more than a couple of weeks later, she changed back to her original bank, as her calls were now being answered by Scottish people, and her description, not mine, was.. 'it just sounded like dogs barking'....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
2 things. Firstly, I feel sorry for the poor fella on the other end of the phone to you if this is how you react to people.

Secondly, why did you take out or stick with your current deal? I'm guessing that price was a huge determining factor. If I offered you the same deal and a UK based call centre for double the monthly cost would you have taken it? Or do you just like cheap bills and a very mild language inconvenience occasionally? The call centre in India SAVES YOU MONEY. Stop moaning or pay up.

You are clueless. Like a child wondering into the middle of a film, no comprehension of what's going on. You think it's unreasonable to try and illicit a rough time they may call back so I can be available for the call? And you really think signing a contract for £17 and being blackmailed into paying £49 is acceptable? That works out at an over charge of £384 per annum!

Please, for the love of God don't go into business for yourself, you'll be broke within a year. Grow up son.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Hardly rude is it?
And if you heard someone say "Oh **** Off." to your wife or mother you'd not consider it rude, and let it go? I doubt it somehow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here