Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marlon King - Hit & run

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
FOOTIE badboy Marlon King was arrested following a hit-and-run smash which left a man in hospital with head injuries, The Sun can reveal.
The Birmingham City striker, previously jailed for sexual assault, was held after a collision near London’s West End.
He was detained by officers from City of London Police on suspicion of failing to stop at the scene of an accident before being released on bail until September.
A source said: “The guy was hit by a car, possibly a Mercedes, not far from Paddington station. He got a knock to the head but the driver didn’t stop to see if he was OK.
“The police were called pretty quickly.”
Sources said the accident happened yards from the train station in the early hours of Saturday.
Sun front page
Jailed ... in 2009
The pedestrian, in his 40s, suffered minor injuries and was taken to hospital for a check-up.
Cops launched an immediate investigation and King, 33, was arrested in nearby Lancaster Gate. Last night the footballer’s agent confirmed he was aware of the incident but declined to comment further.
King’s arrest came just hours after Championship side Birmingham confirmed he was being handed a free transfer.
The forward — jailed for 18 months in 2009 for sexual assault and ABH — is thought to be in talks with three clubs over a possible move.
Scotland Yard is now investigating the crash.
Last night a force spokesman said: “A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop at the scene of a road traffic collision and taken to a central London police station.
“He has been bailed pending further inquiries. Detectives from Westminster are investigating.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5040717/Footie-thug-King-held-on-hit-and-run.html

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"He said Owwww Marlon , he said Owwww"

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
How many more times is this man gonna land in trouble? And yet more clubs are vying for his signature.
That just about sums up football.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"From what I understand, the chap was drunk and staggered into the road from nowhere. Marlon happened to be doing in excess of 86mph at the time, as he was late for another tattoo appointment, so of course he had absolutely no chance of avoiding him. However, Marlon was very confident that the gentleman had only suffered minor injuries, and as it turned out, was proved to be absolutely correct in his assessment. And that bird was asking for it anyway".

G Taylor, PFA Chairman, yesterday.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
How many more times is this man gonna land in trouble? And yet more clubs are vying for his signature.
That just about sums up football.

sad indictment of society.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Imagine applying for an extremely well paid job and having to disclose previous convictions including theft (from a person and from cars), criminal damage, deception; fraud, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving, assault, sexual assault and handling stolen goods.

You might think it could be hard to find a job with that sort of background and no suggestion whatsoever that you'd made any attempt to change your life. Not in football however (aside from the latest incident mentioned above, I believe he's also on bail in relation to another car crash at the moment). Carry on, Marlon!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely he'd only drive off if he was over the limit or something?!

Not necessarily. It's often that, or the fact that someone has no licence or insurance etc, but it might be (I hate to defend him) that it was such a minimal impact that he genuinely didn't realise it had happened. Or the bloke staggered into his car and he wasn't aware it was a collision.

It's possible...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Before people get to into telling the world what a piece of work King is. Lets not forget racking up 39 points on a driving licence is no mean feat either. Jumping red lights, speeding, etc etc etc(could be far worse, their but for the grace of god). No doubt King is a total ********, but he is hardly alone in the football community, is he???

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Before people get to into telling the world what a piece of work King is. Lets not forget racking up 39 points on a driving licence is no mean feat either. Jumping red lights, speeding, etc etc etc(could be far worse, their but for the grace of god). No doubt King is a total ********, but he is hardly alone in the football community, is he???

He sums up all that's wrong with football-truth is we may think he's scum but if signed tomorrow most of the stadium would cheer him in blind adoration - in no other sport would he get so many chances and that's said by someone who loves the game. If anyone had balls to say you're not fit to wear our shirt so sod off my respect levels and belief the game still had a soul would be hugely raised. Sadly I am sure there are clubs out there who'll say 'could do a job' and we can worry about bad PR another day!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
A hideous excuse for a human. Vermin on every level. I hope his career is abruptly ended by injury.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He sums up all that's wrong with football-truth is we may think he's scum but if signed tomorrow most of the stadium would cheer him in blind adoration - in no other sport would he get so many chances and that's said by someone who loves the game. If anyone had balls to say you're not fit to wear our shirt so sod off my respect levels and belief the game still had a soul would be hugely raised. Sadly I am sure there are clubs out there who'll say 'could do a job' and we can worry about bad PR another day!

Exactly the point I'm making. People would go mental on here if we signed King or Hughes or other high profile names that have been in trouble. Yet they seem happy enough with our latest signing, who if people do their research is a very lucky boy. Racking up 39 points is one thing, but all it takes is for one person's child to step out in front of your car, when you think your being jack the lad and we are suddenly talking about a whole different ball game.... Sliding doors, spring to mind....Let's hope Kemy does well for the Albion and all his troubles are behind him.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Please trust me when I say, I would never cheer him personally if he came to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here