Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David is glad to be back at Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]David is glad to be back at Albion[/h]9:00am Tuesday 30th July 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2563841.jpg
David Lopez is back at The Amex. Picture: Paul Hazlewood
DAVID Lopez has welcomed his return to Albion after resolving his differences with the club.
The Spanish midfielder has rejoined the Seagulls on a one-year deal, the same length of contract he was offered at the end of last season.
The contract offer was withdrawn earlier this month and David said farewell to fans in an open letter to The Argus but now he is back following a conversation on the phone with new head coach Oscar Garcia.
David, who scored nine goals in 35 outings last season, told The Argus: “It’s fantastic for me. I have always wanted to return here. It was the first option for me and now I am very happy.
“There was one problem with the club and they withdrew the offer and then we were just waiting to see what happened. We didn’t know what was going to happen.
“I was just waiting for the call to see what the new manager wanted to do. I spoke on the phone to Oscar and he said to me to come back here and that he would like me to play again. “I am very happy with the outcome. I don’t know Oscar as a coach but I am familiar with him as a footballer. “I remember him really well from when he was a player and I have been following his career as a manager and coach.
“I am really looking forward to getting to learn his style of football. His style is possession of the ball and attacking. I am an attacking player, so the style is perfect for me.”
David, signed last year by sacked former manager Gus Poyet, had been linked with Championship rivals Reading, Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough, plus Espanyol and Almeria in Spain, while his future was up in the air.
The 30-year-old had his first training session back with Albion yesterday afternoon in preparation for tonight’s closing pre-season friendly against Premier League Norwich City at The Amex (7.45), after training alone for the past month at home in Logrono in Northern Spain. David said: “I am really excited to be back here and I just want to get on with it now, get on with training, see my team-mates and pick up where I left off.
“It’s been difficult for me, alone in Spain, but I am allright for the training now. It’s up to the manager really but I feel ready.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here