Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League? Us?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
The club seems to think so. This is from the terms and conditions on the club website.

2.4Save as set out in clause 2.5 below, you shall not bring into (or use within) the Ground any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to a Match or any aspect of it. Any person acting in breach of this provision will be required to deliver up any tapes, films, disks or other recordings or data to the Premier League and/or the Club and the copyright in any such recording or transmission is herby assigned (by way of present assignment of future copyright pursuant to section 91 of the Copyright, Designs, and Patents Act 1988) to the Premier League.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/termsandconditions/#w6QjbprFSblZB1Ri.99

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Good luck enforcing that one! The place is alive with cameras when a penalty's being taken

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Almost every phone in the stadium will have a camera attached. But the point is that somehow the Premier League have some sort of claim to us. I can't work out how.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Almost every phone in the stadium will have a camera attached. But the point is that somehow the Premier League have some sort of claim to us. I can't work out how.

Neither can I, it's all to do with the TV rights I suppose, apparently recording parts of the match for home use presents a threat to the companies and clubs raking in millions from these deals :facepalm:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
The club seems to think so. This is from the terms and conditions on the club website.

2.4Save as set out in clause 2.5 below, you shall not bring into (or use within) the Ground any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to a Match or any aspect of it. Any person acting in breach of this provision will be required to deliver up any tapes, films, disks or other recordings or data to the Premier League and/or the Club and the copyright in any such recording or transmission is herby assigned (by way of present assignment of future copyright pursuant to section 91 of the Copyright, Designs, and Patents Act 1988) to the Premier League.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/termsandconditions/#w6QjbprFSblZB1Ri.99

They enforce the same rule at Torquay United. :facepalm:

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I was under the impression that clips were fine, if you recording the whole match and then uploading, thats a no no! think this has been discussed before?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The thing is with most of those phone clips it's a bit like the old days when we used to make analogue cassette copies of our vinyl LPs - the quality is/was never as good as the real thing. All you get are bad angles (or rather just the one angle), camera shake and a bit of localised background noise. Not exactly MoTD.

What they ARE good at though is getting over a taster of what the atmopsphere's like when we score. That however is like an advert, people see that and want to be a part of it, so it could be argued that it's in football's interest to let these amateur clips proliferate. They don't see it like that though, hence the rules; which as has been pointed out are pretty unenforceable - we nearly all take digital recording equipment into the ground with us. Next development: in order to protect the official media 'partners' fan sites such as NSC will not be allowed to publish fans' match reports!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Although you're making good points, the rule was not my issue. I understand the reason for the rule (even if it is probably counter productive for the club). My point originally was what exactly has it got to do with the Premier League what happens at a Championship stadium?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here