Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Consumer Advice

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Hi all. I bought one of these from a dealer via Amazon.... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003KH65TA/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It arrived this morning well packed and delivered quickly. No issues there. I fitted it to my camera and despite being a copy, it worked perfectly apart from the scroll wheel, which, if I'm honest, I'd almost never need anyway so the one built into the camera is plenty. However, after a few test shots, the main button was still working the autofocus but stopped releasing the shutter.
Disappointed, I packed it all back up and filled in a return request form on my Amazon account. When Mrs Ziggy arrived home from work I had to show her how it didn't work properly.... only it did. It worked just fine.
Now, do I retract my request or send it back only to risk looking silly? Bearing in mind that this cost me less than £30 compared to the Canon original which is a whopping £130 (that's Amazon's discounted price too!) so it really is a bargain. The other point is that I really want to try it out at tomorrow's match as I will be literally right next to the home bench and will have the best opportunity of decent player portrait shots I've ever had.
What would you do?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
You won't receive a replacement by tomorrow so take it along and see if it works. If it does work then no problem , if it doesn't do whatever it is you would have done anyway.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
You won't receive a replacement by tomorrow so take it along and see if it works. If it does work then no problem , if it doesn't do whatever it is you would have done anyway.

Yep, seems like an open and shut case to me :rolleyes:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Yes. That makes perfect sense. Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Are you allowed to take cameras? I thought I heard/read somewhere the stewards were being picky with filming inside the ground. Did I make that up?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I've taken one on more than 1 occasion. It's difficult to enforce such a rule when almost every mobile phone has a camera on it these days.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings