Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Challengers for Promotion?

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
I think its a tougher division than last year. I think all three relegated clubs are gonna challenge plus Bolton, Watford and I'm hoping us. That would be my top six in no particular order.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bolton and Forest will be knocking on the playoff doors as well.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Reading, QPR, Bolton, Forest, Udinese, and us - may also be one surprise, possibly Millwall?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ok, here goes some bold predictions as usual.

Start with the three relegated sides.

Q.P.R - This seasons Wolves. Lots of billy big bollocks players, who think they are to good for this league and will struggle. Won't go down, but won't go up auto either. Play offs at best.
Reading - Good manager, solid bunch of championship players, must be top 4.
Wigan - Been in the Prem a long time, this could be a bit of a culture shock to start with. Might leave it to late to get top 6.

Last seasons play off sides,

Watford - Caught a lot of teams by surprise last season, teams will be better prepaired for them this time around.
Brighton - Only lost Bridge of any real note, sure to go very close if OG hits the ground running.
Leicester - Amazed Pearson is still there tbh. They have under achieved last few seasons. Manager sure to get the sack at some stage, in time for them to make play offs, who knows?

Best off the rest....

Bolton and Forest both came with a wet sail last season and will be top six this year, if not better in one of their cases. Charlton, Birmingham and Ipswich to also be in the mix.

1.Forest,
2.Brighton,
-----------
3.Reading,
4.Bolton,
5.Ipswich
6.Q.P.R.

All in all, I reckon it's going to be tighter than a ducks arse again,,,,,,Millwall, Burnley and Yeovil to be relegated.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Wigan and Reading favourites. One of these likely to be in top two,
No promo team going to feature.
Of the rest, Udinese reserves will probably find one or two gem players by accident, Bolton finished strongly.
Will be one side with big improvement, suggest Charlton. V impressed in the 0-0 at Amex.
See no reason why Albion should be in top 6, bit of luck could do better.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Q.P.R - This seasons Wolves. Lots of billy big bollocks players, who think they are to good for this league and will struggle. Won't go down, but won't go up auto either. Play offs at best.
A lot of those have already gone and I expect possibly another 4 to be gone very soon, possibly this week. I don't think those left other than possibly Hoilett think they're too good for this division. We're here for a reason ... they were shit last season. My prediction for this season ... I haven't got a clue. The sooner we get to 50 points the better.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Hardly anyone mentioning Wigan? Sorry but I think they're going to absolute dominate the Championship.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
we could finish top 6 depending on who else we bring in and if we get a decent left back and a creative midfielder and maybe another winger and another forward .

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Really think leicster might struggle early on. Fancy Pearson to be 1st manager to be sacked

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Hardly anyone mentioning Wigan? Sorry but I think they're going to absolute dominate the Championship.

Wigan might start well, but when their fixtures pile up ( Europe) Owen Coyle's lack of interest in players' fitness should harm them, & once they start sliding , Coyle isn't capable of stopping the slide.

Bolton ??...Holden crocked again, Mark Davies out till December, N'Gog not back from injury yet, Lee & Beckford hardly played yet, & no pre-season wins, we're not exactly hitting the ground running, but with the excellent Freedman & a gradual return of players we should get stronger as the season progresses.

Reading & Watford are main challengers for me.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Wigan, Watford Leeds top 3. QPR and us in the top 6 one of Blackburn or Forest to make up the POs.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Wigan might start well, but when their fixtures pile up ( Europe) Owen Coyle's lack of interest in players' fitness should harm them, & once they start sliding , Coyle isn't capable of stopping the slide.

Bolton ??...Holden crocked again, Mark Davies out till December, N'Gog not back from injury yet, Lee & Beckford hardly played yet, & no pre-season wins, we're not exactly hitting the ground running, but with the excellent Freedman & a gradual return of players we should get stronger as the season progresses.

Reading & Watford are main challengers for me.

I share your thoughts regarding Wigan and Coyle. Do you get the feeling Coyle's brief success at Burnley was a flash in the pan?

As Kev the Rev mentioned earlier on the subject of QPR, they may well struggle. If Redknapp does a bunk they will probably end up with McClaren at the helm.

Oh and SussexHoop - you might need a few more points on the board than 50 if last seasons Championship was anything to go by :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here