Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is vicente the next to return?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm still not convinced he's worth another deal.

Fabulously talented player, and I know he said Poyet treated him badly, which some are willing to believe was the reason he didn't play much.

But Vicente has barely played much for any team in recent years, and it can't be all down to bad managers.

I wouldn't complain if he came back, but I don't think he really contributed last season, so I'm hardly crossing everything in the hope of his return.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København

Fabulously talented player, and I know he said Poyet treated him badly, which some are willing to believe was the reason he didn't play much.

But Vicente has barely played much for any team in recent years, and it can't be all down to bad managers.

I wouldn't complain if he came back, but I don't think he really contributed last season, so I'm hardly crossing everything in the hope of his return.

But if it a pay as you play we are covered :)

Would personally LOVE to see him come back just on the off chance he will turn it on and become more consistent under Garcia.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What you mean another player who's NOT SD :lol:
Oh no silly me that would be an impossibility wouldn't it ha ha ha !!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I can say with as much certainty as is possible in football, that he won't.

So he's signing tonight then?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I don't reckon he would expect to play 90 minutes of every game, but if fit, would be a brilliant addition to the squad. To just hear the audible gasp of excitement from the entire home crowd when he gets the ball is magic :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With the players we have, I would be keen for JFC to be given a chance. I know he isn't in the class of Vicente, whom I think is the best player I have seen in 35 years to wear the stripes but he is never going to get a chance if there are all these midfielders ahead of him in the pecking order.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think we are at the stage now where we dont need a player like Vicente, I mean we didnt have him much last season and we finished 4th.

That and with Oscar in charge, youth will be given more of a chance - JFC could make a huge impact this season.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think we are at the stage now where we dont need a player like Vicente, I mean we didnt have him much last season and we finished 4th.

That and with Oscar in charge, youth will be given more of a chance - JFC could make a huge impact this season.

I think JFC could be a good squad player, but i'm not so sure he will be a major player this season......i hope i'm wrong though.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

This. Talented player but just not worth the effort for 10 appearances a season if you're lucky. If he could play 20-25 games, then maybe yes. But he won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here