Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Farah v Usan Bolt (Merged Thread)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I would go Bolt. He would have a massive lead after 200 meters and although he would slow over the final 400 can not see Mo making up the difference especially if Bolt is used to running 600meters in training

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unless it's a REALLY long distance I think Bolt could just build up a HUMONGOUS lead early on then just walk the rest, his massive strides almost keeping up with Farah's little jog.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1,500m is LESS than a mile. Bolt's a RIGHT wuss saying he couldn't run that.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think people misjudge how quick Mo Farah's average running pace is. Bolt runs 400m in 44s flat out

Mo ran a 53 second lap at the end of TEN THOUSAND metres. Only 9 seconds slower over a whole lap after that distance.

I think Mo would win as, to save energy, Bolt could never run anywhere near his full speed.

That's my view on it anyway. I imagine I'll be completely wrong!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think people misjudge how quick Mo Farah's average running pace is. Bolt runs 400m in 44s flat out

Mo ran a 53 second lap at the end of TEN THOUSAND metres. Only 9 seconds slower over a whole lap after that distance.

I think Mo would win as, to save energy, Bolt could never run anywhere near his full speed.

This.

Anything upwards of 600m and Farah would destroy him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess it depends on who's got the best pharmacist.

BOOM.

Did he go there.
Don't say he went there.
Well he went there!!, wow.

Oh and Bolt.
Apparently Mo was running mile reps as part of his warm down, at the weekend.
They were 4:20 mile reps. :ohmy:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Fair point. Be great to see, either way.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Mo recently broke the European record at 1500m, this puts him as the 6th fastest 1500m runner in history. At 5000m he's 31st and 10000m 15th, so in fact he's better at the shorter distance. If Bolt were to train for a reasonable time for 400m and 6/800m then he'd have a very good chance but until then I'd back Mo.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This would be such fun to watch! I'd go for Bolt at 600m (just); anything over that (even 700m), Mo would destroy him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I think you're right. Pace v endurance/pace.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mo recently broke the European record at 1500m, this puts him as the 6th fastest 1500m runner in history. At 5000m he's 31st and 10000m 15th, so in fact he's better at the shorter distance. If Bolt were to train for a reasonable time for 400m and 6/800m then he'd have a very good chance but until then I'd back Mo.

If Bolt trained for YEARS at it, he wouldn't get near Farah over 800m. He's simply not built for it.

D

Deleted member 18477

600m would be pretty close. Bolt would easily win 400m and Mo would easily win 800m in my opinion.

Would love to see them race at 600m!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be honest, I think even at 600m, you're looking at a fairly comfortable Farah win. Bolt would be blowing out of his arse by then, and I think people seriously underestimate just how fast an athlete like Farah could run, over a shorter distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here