Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

English Football’s Biggest Clubs : REVEALED!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Fanbase- Average home attendances have been taken for every club since their inception. A combined attendance has been found to which each club’s record has been converted to a percentage. To ensure that history and support were measured equally; each club was allocated their percentage of 23,574 points (the total number of success points of all clubs).

I hope you gave us special dispensation for the 14 years that we were homeless or without a stadium.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Hmm. You end up with Bury being bigger than Brighton, probably because of their FA Cup win 110 years ago. No system can work out something which is only ever a matter of opinion anyway.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
So Huddersfield, Burnley and Preston are all bigger than Premier League Swansea?

I'd say we are around the 30th biggest club in Britain

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Bury bigger than Watford, Brighton and Reading? lolz

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hmm. You end up with Bury being bigger than Brighton, probably because of their FA Cup win 110 years ago. No system can work out something which is only ever a matter of opinion anyway.

It's only 6 points for an FA cup win but some clubs have existed longer than us, and traditionally we have spent more time in the third division than any other division.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Jesus christ :ffsparr:

Everton the fourth biggest club in England and we're apparently smaller than Oldham and Bury :lolol: Your system is a crock of shit and you and your friend should be ashamed for wasting your time on such a shite idea.

Other than that, well done.

FuriousFox46

Mar 28, 2012
Jesus christ :ffsparr:

Everton the fourth biggest club in England and we're apparently smaller than Oldham and Bury :lolol: Your system is a crock of shit and you and your friend should be ashamed for wasting your time on such a shite idea.

Other than that, well done.

Or alternatively, you're not as good as you think you are...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would say it is about right, we dont all have delusions of grandeur we have as someone said spent the vast majority of time in division three, lets see where we are in another ten years.

I would also say just look where Wigan Ath are 69th after a few years in the top league and FA Cup win under their belt all seems about right to me.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The critical missing element seems to be recency. There is no weighting to reflect the changing nature of football since the war say and certainly since the mid 60's where football changed forever (TV, changing soci-demographics etc etc)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here