Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we have a title challenging First XI?

oleoleolevicente

Jan 16, 2013
PIG
Bruno
Greer/Adam
Upson
NewLB

Bridcutt
Agustien
David

Buckley
Ulloa
Lua Lua/Barnes

I think that team is stronger than most sides in the league. We just need to get that left back and we're sorted i feel!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
With a high quality LB signing I think we will be in the mix, not sure about auto promotion though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need a strong First XVIII.

Probably a strong First XXII to be champions.

We are getting there. 3 more after Agustien and we'll have a great season.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
That team with Orlandi starting, and then to have the likes of CMS, Barnes, Lua Lua, Crofts and Dunk to come of the bench we could be good enough for top 4 again. Maybe higher if we sign more players.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Calderon is utter quality until he comes up against pace, in which case he can't push up the field (where he tends to add the most value).

Agree.

But equally, Bruno is good going forward but is prone to some rather dodgy defensive positioning or just not getting back particularly quickly from his trips up field. Both good for this level, but neither perfect.

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
I'm a big fan of Orlandi, but i dont think he's entirely comfortable playing out on the left. He's a great player technically, but he's not the fastest.

Wouldt mind seeing him playing a more central role behind Ulloa, with Buckley out on the right and Kaz/Ash on the left. Think we'd really start to see the best of him then.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm a big fan of Orlandi, but i dont think he's entirely comfortable playing out on the left. He's a great player technically, but he's not the fastest.

Wouldt mind seeing him playing a more central role behind Ulloa, with Buckley out on the right and Kaz/Ash on the left. Think we'd really start to see the best of him then.

He has as much pace as Ashley Barnes though.

I think getting Orlandi in the starting line up is key. If he starts on the left but is given freedom to drift around and get on the ball that is fine by me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agree.

But equally, Bruno is good going forward but is prone to some rather dodgy defensive positioning or just not getting back particularly quickly from his trips up field. Both good for this level, but neither perfect.

Bruno - when fully fit and in form - is about 3 times the player Calde is, as suggested by each of their past careers. Sadly, Bruno's not matched his Autumn 2012 peak since.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has as much pace as Ashley Barnes though.

I think getting Orlandi in the starting line up is key. If he starts on the left but is given freedom to drift around and get on the ball that is fine by me.

But less defensive ability. It's a tough one, because you can never tell which games Orlandi's going to be completely invisible in. i.e. Saturday. Whatever you think of Barnes, he's never a passenger. I love Orlandi and Spanish Dave, but they both can be passengers big time (Palace 2nd leg).

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'd be uncomfortable leaving Barnes out of the starting 11. He's looking pretty clinical so far in preseason and i really think this could be his year.

Having said that, I expect we'll be rotating the squad a lot so there won't be a starting 11 as such. Oscar has said he likes to mix things up a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here