Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Stadium

Turnstile Ted

May 30, 2012
I would be most interested in knowing what your favourite stadiums are.
To start, mine are:
1.Superdome. New Orleans
2.SkyDome. Toronto.Now called the Rogers Centre.
3. Amex. Brighton.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The Baseball Ground, Parc Des Princes, Loftus Road - Not a huge fan of many news stadiums, but have soft spots for the KC and Huddersfield, both have a bit of character.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I love the MSG in New York, even if it was getting a little run down pre recent revamp. Something quite magical about seeing live sport there.

Bell Centre in Montreal. As a big hockey fan that is up there with the MSG of those I have been to. Beats the Air Canada Centre hands down for atmosphere. Was like a carnival in the concourse before and after the match I saw.

In football terms, I like Craven Cottage, London Road and Villa Park of those I've been to.

Also, as far as new stadiums go, Brooklyn Nets' takes some beating. Brilliant design, great views from all seats and was very quick to get away from after the game. It was Nets vs Knicks but having left with the majority of the crowd on the final whistle, most people were down on the subway within about ten minutes.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

Westfalenstadion - Dortmund
San Siro - AC and Inter Milan
Sapporo Dome - World Cup 2002 Japan
La Bombonera - Boca Juniors
Emirates Stadium - Arsenal
Millennium Stadium - Wales
Amsterdam Arena - Ajax
Estadio do Dragao - FC Porto
Olympiastadion - Hertha Berlin
Mestalla - Valencia
Villa Park - Villa

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Westfalenstadion, Dortmund. Fabulous football venue.
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff. Built for a quarter of the price of the new Wembley and four times as much soul.
Villa Park. My favourite big ground in the country. Much MUCH better than Hillsborough, WHL, OT, Anfield and the particularly dreadful Stamford Bridge.
Craven Cottage & City Ground (Nottm). Two proper old-school mid-sized stadiums, comfortable, both in a picturesque setting and neither have lost their charm even in the modern era.
SkyDome/Rogers - loved it in 1990 when it was still fairly new. A bit tired nowadays though.
Maple Leaf Gardens - steeped in history, but sadly no longer the home of the Leafs.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Westfalenstadion, Dortmund. Fabulous football venue.
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff. Built for a quarter of the price of the new Wembley and four times as much soul.
Villa Park. My favourite big ground in the country. Much MUCH better than Hillsborough, WHL, OT, Anfield and the particularly dreadful Stamford Bridge.
Craven Cottage & City Ground (Nottm). Two proper old-school mid-sized stadiums, comfortable, both in a picturesque setting and neither have lost their charm even in the modern era.
SkyDome/Rogers - loved it in 1990 when it was still fairly new. A bit tired nowadays though.
Maple Leaf Gardens - steeped in history, but sadly no longer the home of the Leafs.

Have you been to the Air Canada Centre? I've seen hockey and NBA there and while it looked great and new etc, seemed to lack any real charm.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The original Cardiff Arms Park.
The old Wembley.
Twikenham.
Terrible shout. It was utterly shithouse unless it was full.

I really wish they'd built the new venue in the midlands. That way, the bill would have been about half what it was, and they'd have been able to lower ticket prices and ensured that only deserving matches were actually played at the national stadium. Personally, I think the Ken Bates inspired decision to re-build Wembley was one of the worst decisions the FA have ever made. And there's no shortage of bad decisions to choose from.

Agree that it should have been built in The West Midlands, middle of the country and all that, but the Old Wembley to me was what football was all about, the walk up Wembley Way to the Twin Towers never failed to put the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

It's the way it made me feel rather than the infrastructure.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The Baseball Ground, Parc Des Princes, Loftus Road - Not a huge fan of many news stadiums, but have soft spots for the KC and Huddersfield, both have a bit of character.

Baseball Ground & Parc des Princes are/were fantastic grounds

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Roker Park
White Hart Lane
Old Wembley

non football

Adelaide Oval
Toronto Blue Jays Stadium
Cardiff Arms Park

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
1. Wembley
2. Amex
3. Walkers Stadium

mattbha25

Dec 12, 2008
On this note, I am just launching a website for fans to rate anything and everything around their football experiences. One aspect you can rate is stadiums, so it seems a good chance to give it a relevant plug...www.firstratefootball.com. Any feedback very welcome.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here