Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garcia expects to be signing players after campaign begins [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Garcia expects to be signing players after campaign begins[/h]10:00am Monday 29th July 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2561775.jpg
Oscar Garcia
ALBION’S head coach Oscar Garcia expects to still be signing players well after the start of the Championship campaign.
The Seagulls are waiting on confirmation from the Welsh FA of international clearance and other paperwork formalities before officially announcing the free transfer capture of Swansea midfielder Kemy Agustien on a two-year contract.
The process of trying to replenish the squad is gathering pace with David’s return as well but Albion launch their League season at Leeds on Saturday after Norwich’s friendly visit tomorrow night with no prospect of Oscar’s plans all being in place.
He told The Argus: “We are working on this, we are speaking with some players and hopefully in time we will have new players here.
“The best situation would be to have all the squad at the start of the season but it’s not possible. But we know we have time until the end of August (transfer window) for more players to join.
“I cannot tell you which positions, because we have players in those positions and we want to respect everybody, but I have in my mind some players, some positions. It’s very clear that we have to improve, to grow the team. We want to add players of a high technical level.”
Agustien watched Albion’s 3-1 friendly defeat by Villarreal at The Amex on Saturday night after undergoing a medical and signing his deal. The 26-year-old, who has a year left on his contract at the Liberty Stadium, tweeted afterwards: “I wanted to thank Fc Swansea and all the real swansfans for everything they’ve done for me. Wish the lads all the best for the season.”
Wessel Weezenberg, one of Agustien’s repreensatives, told The Argus: “Brighton are getting an excellent, all-round midfielder. He is a very technical player, physically good and strong, and will fit in well with their type of football due to his Dutch background.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here