Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a Difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Popped in for a rare visit to MacDonalds at Shoreham earlier this evening and had to stand aside for a minute while waiting. A woman came up beside me with 3 young chav kids in tow. She started by ordering 3 Coca Colas only to be interrupted by the server saying that they had run out of Coca cola but had Diet coke. The kids turned it down and said "No".

Maybe I'm too old but can it be so different as to be undrinkable to these kids? Quite apart from the horrific calorie difference. I couldn't tell you what kind of cola I was drinking.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I could probably just about taste the difference, but not if I'm scoffing a McDonalds at the same time.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Which was worse - the macdonalds or the coke?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Would never visit McDonalds (just to point that out!) but, in answer to your question, hell yes!
Coke is rubbish anyway, but the full-fat stuff is drinkable. Diet coke however is tasteless bubbles.
Pepsi/Virgin Cola "FTW"

Ps Diet Pepsi is even worse.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
One has so much sugar it contributes to obesity and diabetes and the other one has aspartame which is linked to bladder cancer.

I prefer the bladder cancer version myself.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I love diet coke and cannot drink regular coke - disgusting

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Diet Coke doesn't taste so sugary , the kids probably wouldn't have noticed in Maccy D's as they mix syrup and carbonated water before it comes out of the dispenser. Those with more discerning tastes choose Pepsi.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's like saying there's no difference between tea with sugar in it and tea without sugar.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I drink the diet if there is no Zero available but prefer Pepsi Max. The full fat Coke or Pepsi is too sweet and also I can drink unlimited amount of diet or zero on Weight Watchers diet. We had a customer in one pub who drunk large bacardi and coke and could tell the difference if it was pepsi even with Bacardi in the drink.a

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Diet Coke doesn't taste so sugary , the kids probably wouldn't have noticed in Maccy D's as they mix syrup and carbonated water before it comes out of the dispenser. Those with more discerning tastes choose Pepsi.

Pepsi max is the true connosuers choice.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One has so much sugar it contributes to obesity and diabetes and the other one has aspartame which is linked to bladder cancer.

Didn't the link to bladder cancer come from the testing on lab rats and extrapolated a human would need to drink gallons each day for decades ?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
CrackDonalds and Diet Coke are both shite, only thing I get from there is their Apple Pie's. Diet Coke is full of aspartame and does taste horrible anyways.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I sometimes chose Pepsi over Coke, try not to drink too much of either, My favorite fizzy drink is Lemon San Pelligrino, Victorian Lemonade or Fizzy/Sparkling water. Although I have ice cold coke and ice cubes atm haha

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I avoid drinking all fizzy drinks ( except the odd lager ) as they not only kill you one way or another but also increase carbon emissions.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Give the kids beer, they drank it for decades pre Victoria.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
CrackDonalds and Diet Coke are both shite, only thing I get from there is their Apple Pie's. Diet Coke is full of aspartame and does taste horrible anyways.

Good point, I have NEVER found a diet soft drink containing Aspartame palatable. If really nailed in to a corner I would go with the normal because at least sugar is little bit more natural.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Popped in for a rare visit to MacDonalds at Shoreham earlier this evening and had to stand aside for a minute while waiting. A woman came up beside me with 3 young chav kids in tow. She started by ordering 3 Coca Colas only to be interrupted by the server saying that they had run out of Coca cola but had Diet coke. The kids turned it down and said "No".

Maybe I'm too old but can it be so different as to be undrinkable to these kids? Quite apart from the horrific calorie difference. I couldn't tell you what kind of cola I was drinking.

You'll probably live longer if you drink normal coke :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here