Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Newport County are the Only Welsh Side to have Drawn TWICE away at Carl Zeiss Jena"

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is this from the matchday programme? :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are you saying that only Pipe has been in prison? I think you might want to do a bit more research.

Adam Chapman is the only one I know about (other than Pipey), so who else has then?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Also a team of ex-cons. I can't find the article, but I think 9 of last years first team had been in prison.

:nono:

Bearing in mind Adam Chapman only signed for County last month, so go on, who were the other 8 ex cons in the County team last season, because I can't recall, or find any others.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Bearing in mind Adam Chapman only signed for County last month, so go on, who were the other 8 ex cons in the County team last season, because I can't recall, or find any others.
Sorry, I can't find the newspaper article online (it was either in The Western Mail or South Wales Argus) but it had a two page spread about the County players past misdemenours. I think this link from the Newport County Forum might refer to it.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, I can't find the newspaper article online (it was either in The Western Mail or South Wales Argus) but it had a two page spread about the County players past misdemenours. I think this link from the Newport County Forum might refer to it.

Hope that helps.
Didn't help at all. All I can find is references to David Pipe and Adam Chapman.

Oh ... and a Newport County player who was signed, way back in 2002 after being cleared of all charges in a drugs trial, who - interestingly enough - did some pre-season training with the Albion in 2011 with a view to winning a contract with us. He didn't.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I have a horrible feeling this thread is going to turn into a replay of my childhood. I really should've taken notes....

Convicts XI 5-2 Aston Villa

Watch out lads!
Not a top class Villa team, to be fair:-

VILLA: Watkins, Lyden, Bateman, Webb, Kinsella, Cowans, Calder, O’Brien, Sellars, Johnson, Grealish. Subs: Wildin, Bannister, Strain.

But, running my other pre-Albion supporting history into this thread and 'fessing up to plenty of time spent at St Andrews, when were the Villa ever a top class team?

Good to see the County SOTV, whatever the circumstances.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Last edited:

I have a horrible feeling this thread is going to turn into a replay of my childhood. I really should've taken notes....
I met a scouser mate of Fourteenth Eye at the Amex last night, who indulged me with a good deal of reminiscing about what a great player John Aldridge was. So, don't worry, teaboy, you're not the only victim of my boring conversation.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here