Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking last night

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Did anyone park at Mithras House last night? Just wondered if it could still be used when the P&R isn't in operation as I'm planning to park in there for the Newport game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you come off of the A27 an head under the road at the lights towards the Car Park Bridge Car Park? as you look to your right there are a number of Disabled Car Parking bays. What right have the club to say that if you park there you must have paid a car park fee, as stated by a steward? Is it not a public road? That is heading north of Coldean Lane and turning right at the lights.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Did anyone park at Mithras House last night? Just wondered if it could still be used when the P&R isn't in operation as I'm planning to park in there for the Newport game.

Unless there is official confirmation that Mithras can be used , I would rather not than risk a clamp .

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If you come off of the A27 an head under the road at the lights towards the Car Park Bridge Car Park? as you look to your right there are a number of Disabled Car Parking bays. What right have the club to say that if you park there you must have paid a car park fee, as stated by a steward? Is it not a public road? That is heading north of Coldean Lane and turning right at the lights.

Why not stick to the subject?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because the thread title was parking last night not specifically parking at Mtihras House and my post concerned parking last night, so is the same subject..

The Club have made no arrangements with Brighton University to allow supporters to use Mithras House for informal park and ride at the pre-season friendlies or the Newport County game (this was confirmed by the Club's transport manager on Twitter, the other day). And the University do have an arrangement with a private parking enforcement company.

As it happens, many years ago, I managed a Saturday shoppers' park and ride scheme on behalf of East Sussex County Council. That scheme used Mithras House car park, and never employed car park attendants or stewards to supervise it. But the arrangement had been agreed by the Brighton University authorities.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Thanks for that info Lord B. In that case as it's a one off I think I will pay to park in Bridge car park even though it is almost as much as the match ticket.
Rather that than risk getting clamped though!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Thanks for that info Lord B. In that case as it's a one off I think I will pay to park in Bridge car park even though it is almost as much as the match ticket.
Rather that than risk getting clamped though!

Clamping by private security goons is now illegal. Has been since last October.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about the disabled bays for blue badge holders, in front of the Bridge Car Park is it a public road or do the club have a say in the parking officially, or have the steward just assumed it is theirs to control.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
What about the disabled bays for blue badge holders, in front of the Bridge Car Park is it a public road or do the club have a say in the parking officially, or have the steward just assumed it is theirs to control.

Try parking there and find out - post research findings the following day

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Try parking there and find out - post research findings the following day

I did and was told by a steward that you had to pay the Bridge Rd car park fee. That is why I have questioned it as he said his supervisor would have the car clamped if not. I know that private clamping is now illegal but I do not want to jeopardize my STs . for parking a car by the club noting the number

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here