Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26 000 and counting

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Not sure what's happening next Saturday, but one of flat capped whippet 'appen brigade has told me that 26000 tickets have already gone and the other 4000 will have been bought during this week. For the first time in a long time, can't make the opening game, but Elland Road is a favourite away and they do sing pretty well. But sure in a lofty perch in the corner our refined voices will prevail.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not sure what's happening next Saturday, but one of flat capped whippet 'appen brigade has told me that 26000 tickets have already gone and the other 4000 will have been bought during this week. For the first time in a long time, can't make the opening game, but Elland Road is a favourite away and they do sing pretty well. But sure in a lofty perch in the corner our refined voices will prevail.

What about the other 8,000?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They made it a Category C (i.e. cheapest tickets) game to try and boost the attendance of the first game. Seems to have worked.

Well done Leeds.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Not because I have a lot of Leeds friends, but the away support for the 3-3 at the Amex was the best support I've heard for an away team. They have asked me if they were out done by another team. So not being a STH how do they rate?

Remember I'm being held hostage so please don't say Burnley, Blackpool or indeed another side of tut Pennine who prefers a red to white.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They made it a Category C (i.e. cheapest tickets) game to try and boost the attendance of the first game

...and because the opponents are the Albion, about whom your average Leeds fan couldn't give a toss.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not because I have a lot of Leeds friends, but the away support for the 3-3 at the Amex was the best support I've heard for an away team. They have asked me if they were out done by another team. So not being a STH how do they rate?

Remember I'm being held hostage so please don't say Burnley, Blackpool or indeed another side of tut Pennine who prefers a red to white.

Leeds were easily the best supporters at the Amex imo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...and because the opponents are the Albion, about whom your average Leeds fan couldn't give a toss.
Unless they are wearing a pink goalkeeping jersey.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011

I might of posted this before as a comment but I had two Leeds friends in the South Stand and Leeds couldn't work out why we come up north and sing about a team in Croydon. It really did piss them off. They gave up wondering if we were gay or not after 20 minutes.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just meant that we are, historically and geographically, nothing to Leeds, no matter how much we might like to think we're a big club now.

Their high profile games- ie the ones they'll end up paying through the nose for policing- are Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, probably Nottingham Forest, and maybe Millwall.

We'll be down below Barnsley on the risk list (but above Yeovil & Bournemouth, unless Bournemouth's top boys fancy a little revenge for the day Leeds fans trashed their town back in the 1980s).

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex

We're no longer in the corner did you not go last season either?

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
I just meant that we are, historically and geographically, nothing to Leeds, no matter how much we might like to think we're a big club now.

Their high profile games- ie the ones they'll end up paying through the nose for policing- are Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, probably Nottingham Forest, and maybe Millwall.

We'll be down below Barnsley on the risk list (but above Yeovil & Bournemouth, unless Bournemouth's top boys fancy a little revenge for the day Leeds fans trashed their town back in the 1980s).

There are very few teams that can match Leeds and you wouldn't believe how much the Ridings detest each other. So Edna, perfect observation. My only concern is that Sussex is a pretty big county, populated by affluent people. Let's build a nice stadium and as Cardiff showed 30 000 turn up to watch. Historically we are not a big team, geographically we could be. Why not see what we can do.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
We're no longer in the corner did you not go last season either?

No I didn't. I'm still in therapy after walking into the White Horse in Hurstpierpoint wearing a Brighton shirt, to be faced by very scared locals. I thought they might be troubled by the Leeds shirt worn by a Yorkshire friend after the game. I was somewhat surprised by the coachload (who were brilliant and destroyed me without abuse) in the public bar.

I would love to be able to go away every week but try to manage 10 games a season. So thanks for the update on Elland Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here