Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian cricketers at the Amex

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Did anyone feel a bit sorry for them last night ? Guy on PA announced them, then they appeared on the pitch at half time , no one to interview them - and them looking bemused thinking what do we do next.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Did anyone feel a bit sorry for them last night ? Guy on PA announced them, then they appeared on the pitch at half time , no one to interview them - and them looking bemused thinking what do we do next.

Yep, especially when they were booed by some of our fans. Can anyone on here put their hands up to booing them?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just seemed odd to me, thought someone might have interviewed them, otherwise what was the point? :shrug:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
TSB & Ninja Elephant, they were guests.

When they are asked about their time at the Amex they will say; “the stadium looks great but their fans are just full of childish abuse.” That’s not the reputation we are after and everyone has to enjoy their experience here.

Maybe you should all buy season tickets for panto rather than football?

Last edited:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

When they are asked about their time at the Amex they will say; “the stadium looks great but their fans are just full of childish abuse.” That’s not the reputation we are after and everyone has to enjoy their experience here.

Although I really wanted to start the chant of '2-0'........ I think they would have taken it on the chin.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Who cares? Honestly, it wasn't as if they appeared to a cacophony of boos.
And as for 'Everyone has to enjoy their experience here'?! Yeah, I hope away fans love coming away from the Amex. It's the most important thing to me. No. I'm a Brighton fan and if our fans are happy, then that's the bottom line.
Couldn't give a monkeys what Burnley, Palace or Australian cricketers think of it. In fact, I hope they're as miserable as possible because it means they've probably been stuffed.

Any danger of us signing any Australian cricketers to play left back? Thought not. A shit not given whether the enjoyed it or not, but I rather suspect they're made of stronger stuff than to cry about a few boos at the footy.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I was looking forward to your protest last night ENERST, what happened to IT?

Think ENREST got tangled up in Junior's ''BARBER OUT'' bed sheet on his way down to the dugout. Took most of the first half for the stewards to unwrap him I heard. :facepalm:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Who cares? Honestly, it wasn't as if they appeared to a cacophony of boos.
And as for 'Everyone has to enjoy their experience here'?! Yeah, I hope away fans love coming away from the Amex. It's the most important thing to me. No. I'm a Brighton fan and if our fans are happy, then that's the bottom line.
Couldn't give a monkeys what Burnley, Palace or Australian cricketers think of it. In fact, I hope they're as miserable as possible because it means they've probably been stuffed.

Any danger of us signing any Australian cricketers to play left back? Thought not. A shit not given whether the enjoyed it or not, but I rather suspect they're made of stronger stuff than to cry about a few boos at the footy.

Without being offensive to you, you are really showing your ignorance.

The only way this club will move forward is if we can become a brand outside Brighton? You know like being known and supported in the rest of the world and being an international brand.

On one hand we have Bloom working very hard to get us to the top, and on the other hand our reputation is being sabotaged by so called fans.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Without being offensive to you, you are really showing your ignorance.

The only way this club will move forward is if we can become a brand outside Brighton? You know like being known and supported in the rest of the world and being an international brand.

On one hand we have Bloom working very hard to get us to the top, and on the other hand our reputation is being sabotaged by so called fans.

Mate, you come across as a pompous buffoon.
I'm all for sucking up to people who can boost our 'brand' and bring in the big bucks, but you're taking a couple of boos and jeers at cricketers out of all proportion.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I think the goading of Australian cricketers is an English pastime. That said it is not nasty or hurtful or aggressive. There is no malice involved.

When I see an Australian walking back to pavilion, it is the greatest sight in sport. But my antipathy is towards the bat he is carrying, and not him..

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

I broadcast on local radio- I'd have done it ?

1) Were you referred to the Albion ?
2) Was it Shane Watson who referred you ?
3) We were going to refer you to 'How to play James Anderson' leaflet-but you've ran out of referrals....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here