Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Treatment of Villareal Last Night?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Was it really necessary for the North Stand to treat last night's opponents as if they were just another mob from Barnsley or Burnley? The tedious chants of "f***ing useless" for every miss; the jeering and gesticulating at the Villareal fans in the north-east corner..." "Shall we sing a song for you", etc... It must have made Oscar wonder quite what kind of a place he'd come to.

When the impressive contingent of Spanish fans – most of whom were kids – left the North Stand early, at least the Cheerio chant morphed into Adios. And no doubt both sets of fans enjoyed post-matchpints of Harveys and sangria in the North Stand concourse afterwards.

But overall, it was embarrassing, and totally lacking in class. And it's hard to imagine our own fans got that kind of treatment on Albion's own Spanish tour. Anyone see it differently?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Bore off.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Yawn, from the East stand I didn't hear much of that and thought what I did hear was more in jest than anything.

Dec 29, 2011
Was it really necessary for the North Stand to treat last night's opponents as if they were just another mob from Barnsley or Burnley? The tedious chants of "f***ing useless" for every miss; the jeering and gesticulating at the Villareal fans in the north-east corner..." "Shall we sing a song for you", etc... It must have made Oscar wonder quite what kind of a place he'd come to.

When the impressive contingent of Spanish fans – most of whom were kids – left the North Stand early, at least the Cheerio chant morphed into Adios. And no doubt both sets of fans enjoyed post-matchpints of Harveys and sangria in the North Stand concourse afterwards.

But overall, it was embarrassing, and totally lacking in class. And it's hard to imagine our own fans got that kind of treatment on Albion's own Spanish tour. Anyone see it differently?

Coz football fans are cool init. The highlight of their sad lives is to take the piss out of other teams/fans in a friendly.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I saw one **** giving it large cause he's gone up there and said something to these Spanish kids, think the stewards moved him or something, couldn't relly see it properly.

He was raising his arms Richard Nixon style over it.

****ing mong.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i went to see Cheltenham v Cardiff in a 'friendly' yesterday....blimey they have double the amount of spackers in their following for friendlies..1500 of them.

Last edited:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Yes I have just spoken to a guy who was in The East, he said he felt ashamed to be an Albion fan last night. He said why oh why have a go at visiting fans from Spain in a friendly, beyond him he said.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
The chants were very embarrassing, especially as most of the supporters were youngsters (and some were buying Albion stuff in the shop afterwards).

What was equally nauseous is the on-going obsession with Crystal Palace.

I don't want to have to be forced to stand up to see the football because some uninspiring wag in the North Stand has started that stupid chant again.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The chants were pathetic and showed what a bunch of morons they really are. Was embarrassed to be in the middle of it all, although I thought the small number of Spanish fans were brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I thought the wanker signs were a bit over the top. It's not like they were actual Villarreal fans even. just teenagers from a language school.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
When palace come down let's sit their and clap their fans like plastic muppets.

Seriously shut up...it's football. If you don't like the banter don't come.
I'd love to know what a group of twenty 14 year olds from a language school, half of them girls, has got to do with Palace.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Lol

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting to see two points of view going here, it's getting to be a very polarised club. Its splitting towards the "Lets respect the opposition and show some class" ( except Palace and Leeds, of course ) or " Lets hurl dog's abuse at anyone who has made the mistake of supporting a club other than the Albion".( besides it's football and I've paid good money to abuse people )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here