Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CANI Villareal type player

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most who watched him realized how much Cani dictated the game last night and obviously being out of our pocket who is within our range who is a similar type player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought of Lopez but did he have as much direct influence on our attacks other than his set piece kicks. But am struggling to think of anybody in English football who fits the bill, posibly Jenas

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good call BG. But how much do you think Cani would cost?

To be honest I think you could have picked any of their midfield or forwards and they would add something to our team from a creativity perpspective.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The last player I can remember seeing who had so much influence on a game was Graham Cavanagh at Wigan.

Cani is 31 had e been a year or two older he may have been a possibility but at 31 still a little too soon for us. Actually his name is Ruben Gracia Calmache

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I genuinely never thought I'd read a sentence comparing Cani with Jermaine Jenas.

Amazing isn't it. As I wrote on the other thread, cani could easily have stayed in la liga when relegated he cost £10m or so and was vital for them when they finished second in la liga.

This kind of player is just a league above us, literally.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Jimmy Bullard - Ipswich away season before last. Middlesboro midfield (forget his name), also season before last.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Amazing isn't it. As I wrote on the other thread, cani could easily have stayed in la liga when relegated he cost £10m or so and was vital for them when they finished second in la liga.

This kind of player is just a league above us, literally.

Third, but your point still stands.

A class above, without any question whatsoever.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Williams chap from Palace. I think he'd work well with Bridcutt.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
There's no easy comparsion for 'the Villareal of Britain' but the last 15 years it would be Newcastle. They are a MASSIVE club compared to us and rather than discussing buying their 10 million rated star players perhaps we should be more worried about them taking the likes of Bridcutt or Ulloa??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here