Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The (forthcoming) Academy

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
In yesterday's notes Barber stated that the annual spend on the Lancing Academy will be around 3 million per annum (obviously on top of the 30 million to build it) think that is the first time I've seen a figure put on the spend.

Anyone know how that compares with other similar teams (would have thought very well) and where that puts us in comparison with the tiers that are being introduced?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
In answer to my own question seems that 3 million is more than enough for top category of the EPPP but obviously there is more (staff etc) that has to be met.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doesn't academy spending off set club expenditure in the brave new world of FFP.

Or, thinking about it, is it exempt from FFP.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Why? Is it like question time where you have to submit your question before they decide if you can appear on the show.

Yes.

They don't want a repeat of previous encounters where prats made right fools of themselves, moaning away and wasting everybody time with petty and inconsequential crap.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes.

They don't want a repeat of previous encounters where prats made right fools of themselves, moaning away and wasting everybody time with petty and inconsequential crap.
Clearly not NSC members.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the Palace academy costs about £1.5m to run.

Am I right in thinking they were given the option to be in the highest category but it would cost £3M per season and they've decided to keep it as it is ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I
Yes.

I believe the fans forum in question was the first one at the Amex when the disabled people took the board to task about lack of facilities and broken promises. It took the majority of the time so there weren't many football questions asked.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Being in the highest category gives us special privileges, such as being able to steal players from lesser academies

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here