Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Perbet & Cani

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just before he scored I was saying to my son how good Cani and how much was and influencing and dictating the game. He is the type of midfield player that we are lacking

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Who was their number 11?.great player.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Just before he scored I was saying to my son how good Cani and how much was and influencing and dictating the game. He is the type of midfield player that we are lacking

I was saying this to my dad.
Seriously good player.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Cani is a la liga quality player. The fact he stayed with VCF when they were relegated was a surprise.

He was an important player for them When they finished runners up in la liga and moved to them for around £10m.

Way out of our league to ever even contemplate, if anyone was.

It's the equivalent of someone like Arteta having a stormer against us and us all saying "we need someone like him".

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But with the Spanish economy as it is, there may be a bargain. Why not make an offer?

Swansea got some great bargains 18 months ago......... Michu etc...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Swansea got some great bargains 18 months ago......... Michu etc...

We got a bargain from Spain just over 6 months ago too! We must have a handful of serious targets over there. I am hoping the likes of Spanish Dave are not returning because we are planning on bringing in better players (although we won't replace the quality of Bridge).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
I'm bound to point out that the majority of that Villarreal side - including Cani and Perbet - were members of the side that finished 2nd in the Spanish 2nd Division last season. In fact, they only earned promotion on the last day of the season.

Their big summer signing, Gio Dos Santos, didn't play.

For all the waxing lyrical, they are therefore no better than, say, Hull City. In fact they should be a lot worse if I was to believe the numerous posters who have said before how **** the Spanish 2nd Division is compared with the Championship.

However, Villarreal is a bankrolled club and still has quite a high budget, so their players are relatively well paid and this is not a club that is ever desperate to sell. There are plenty of bargains amongst the more humble La Liga sides, and - guess what - the Spanish 2nd Division.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
For all the waxing lyrical, they are therefore no better than, say, Hull City. In fact they should be a lot worse if I was to believe the numerous posters who have said before how **** the Spanish 2nd Division is compared with the Championship.

I reckon it's a better standard of football than the Championship. Certainly, the technical skill of Villareal was there to see last night. Just as La Liga is a better standard than the Premiership.
The Championship is much better attended and more entertaining, but (barring the top four in the country) the standard in England is far lower than in: Spain, Germany and (perhaps) Italy.

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
I reckon it's a better standard of football than the Championship. Certainly, the technical skill of Villareal was there to see last night. Just as La Liga is a better standard than the Premiership.
The Championship is much better attended and more entertaining, but (barring the top four in the country) the standard is far lower than in: Spain, Germany and (perhaps) Italy.

I was being ironic, TSB - which is a posh word for sarcastic. But be careful, that comment of yours could well provoke a whole flurry of enraged replies.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I was being ironic, TSB - which is a posh word for sarcastic. But be careful, that comment of yours could well provoke a whole flurry of enraged replies.

Thanks for the explanation of irony :thumbsup:
Anyone who thinks the standard is higher here should watch a few Spanish games. Having said that, I wouldn't trade the entertainment and competitiveness of the Championship for increased quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here