[Official Site] Oscar Learning More

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-949806_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
23:54 27th July 2013
by Adam Tighe
Oscar Garcia says he is soaking up more about his players as pre-season continues.Following the 3-1 friendly defeat to La Liga side Villarreal, the Spaniard acknowledged that it will take time for the squad to adapt to his methods but feels the group are heading in the right direction.
He said, “Every game and every practice I learn something about my players and I know them better. They know me and how I want to play. It will take time but I believe we are in the correct way at the moment.
“It is pre-season, I wasn’t 100 per cent pleased when we won against Getafe and Sporting de Gijon, and I am not disappointed about today. I have my way, I know what we need. There are some things that we need to improve in the team.
“No team at this moment is at 100 per cent but I am happy with the players, they are working hard but it will take time to reach where I want them to be."
The former Barcelona man enjoyed his Amex inauguration and put a sense of realism on the loss to the Spanish side.
“I was very excited to see the fans here and happy to have played the first game at the Amex but the opponent was so good.
jonathan-pereira-villarreal-27jul13-ph-ax4w1910-1229-949807.jpg

"The result was what it was, but I feel we played well for the first 30 minutes; after that their quality made the difference.
“We won’t come up against a side like Villarreal in the Championship and for me the important game is against Leeds United.”
Meanwhile, Oscar also confirmed he is keen to add new faces to fully shape his squad following departures during the summer.
He said, “We are missing four players from last season and I am looking to improve all the areas. It doesn’t mean we are looking for just one player in a certain position, we are looking to improve the team as much as we can.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here