Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it worth going?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
On balance, probably yes. We did pretty well in the first half and were given a footballing lesson in the 2nd.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
1st half very good game
2nd half waste of time.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Good game. Villareal zipped the ball round second half and looked bright and lively. We were better when the dev squad players came on in the second. Impressed with Solly March.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Yes, very enjoyable despite the result. Thought the link-up play down the right was very good in the first half and was impressed by March in the second.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I appreciate it was a friendly and patterns of play are not always like that of a true league game, BUT we did look light weight again upfront. Ulloa holds the ball up well and has ben a good signing, although for me we need a poacher. I can see us like last year - home and away (yes we made the playoffs) but I do hope we blend our possession against fast attacking football and get more bodies in the box. I so hope I am proved wrong this year.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Well worth it. Can't vouch for the geezer in the loud shorts to our left who buggered off on 65 minutes and the young chap to the right who spent the entire 90 minutes looking at his phone.

It takes all sorts.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Loved it as I always do at the Amex.

£125 lighter after tickets, parking, drinks, pies and a couple of Albion rain jackets but worth it in my eyes. Good experience watching us against a very good European outfit, its not like we can watch that very often.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Great night out with 7 mates watching the team I love in the stadium I love and for a change not worrying about whether we win or lose

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
1st half very good game
2nd half waste of time.

How can getting taught a footballing lesson by a classy La Liga side be a waste of time? I'd say that is a lot more useful than rolling Whitehawk over 3-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here