Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
From those in attendance please

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think it's fair to give ratings for a friendly, but some thoughts:
Kuszczak: A couple of excellent saves. Controlled his area. One piece of mis-control when he gave away a corner.
Ankergren: Didn't look as assured as Brezovan on Wednesday. Two kicks staight into touch. Possibly partly at fault for their second or third goal when he should have stayed on his line instead of coming out and tangling with one of his own defenders.
Calderon: Did OK, but have seen better.
Bruno: Some nice touches and I was quite impressed "early doors", but then his game deteriorated. Hope it was only due to lack of match practice. No way MOM.
Chicksen: Directly responsible for giving a goal away 5 minutes after coming on. Maybe his confidence was shot, because he did little right from then on.
El Abd: Did fairly well during a period when they were all over us.
Dunk: Better than on Wednesday.
Upson: Very good game. Good to have him back.
Greer: Did OK.
Crofts: Played OK without being outstanding.
JFC: Didn't really take the opportunity to shine.
Bridcutt: A few too many errors, but otherwise a decent game.
Orlandi: OK
Barnes: Played well.
Buckley: Good in the first half. Did little in the 2nd before being subbed.
Dickenson: Very impressed with him. Not long to make an impression, but played some really positive football.
March: Not on long. Not sure if he did anything of note.
Barker: On longer than March (I think), but similar comment.
Ince. Two minute cameo. Did he touch the ball?
Ulloa: Some excellent touches. One of our better players on the day.
Barker: Didn't see him do anything in the short time he was on the field.

We played some good positive football in the 1st half. In the second we were completely overrun (even before the substitutions) by a far superior team

The good news is that we will be unlikely to face a team of their ability in the Championship ... at least I hope not.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
First half:

Kuzsczak, Barnes and Ulloa - 7
The rest - 6

Second half unmarkable, training exercise.

Usually a fan of barnes but thought he was the weak link after the first minute. Ulloa held up VERY well but never threatened. They'd be two of my lowest scores! Them and Bruno.

Bridcutt immense as expected. Second half JFC was MUCH better than Crofts had been who didn't do masses wrong but game passed him by. March looked decent again. Both should be on the bench regular season. Chicksen got done a couple times but think/hope nerves and had some runs forward ending in winning free-kicks.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Haha loving the two different barker comments from poster above.

I really do abjectly apologise for stupidly posting two comments on Barker, but I think if you read them again you'll find that they both say pretty much the same thing. So not exactly sure what's so "different" about them?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Ulloa was very good first half, held the ball up well and some great touches. Their right winger looked the best player on the pitch, not sure what his name was.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I am concerned that the gulf,the young development must cross is huge,as i dont see any of them at this moment ,pushing for a place and dislodging any of regulars......!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
First half:

Kuzsczak, Barnes and Ulloa - 7
The rest - 6

Second half unmarkable, training exercise.

Go along with that, also Upson didn't put a foot wrong, MoM for me. And possibly Bruno 5, constantly tried too much and gave it away the most, so naturally got the sponsor's MoM (have they EVER got it right?!)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Observations

Kusczack looked very good indeed.
JFC was better than Crofts when he came on
Ulloa and Buckley looked very tired at the end
March and Dickinson were impressive
Chicksen was at fault for the second goal, but showed some good touches and has some pace

Nathan Jones was quite vocal and Oscar seemed quite absorbed in the game.

Villareal looked a decent side who passed and attacked at a high tempo, whizzing the ball around with accuracy and speed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Usually a fan of barnes but thought he was the weak link after the first minute. Ulloa held up VERY well but never threatened. They'd be two of my lowest scores! Them and Bruno.

Bridcutt immense as expected. Second half JFC was MUCH better than Crofts had been who didn't do masses wrong but game passed him by. March looked decent again. Both should be on the bench regular season. Chicksen got done a couple times but think/hope nerves and had some runs forward ending in winning free-kicks.

I thought Ulloa did really well with very little support and service. He's so strong and dangerous in the air. For me he's now our most important player, if he's out for a while injured at any point I will really worry unless we sign a good back up.

And I thought Barnes did ok but deserved a better mark for such an outstanding finish so early in the game.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
First half Barnes, Ulloa, Buckley and Bruno looked strong and like they were developing a good understanding and we had chances to be ahead at half time, despite Villareal dominating possession for long periods. Second half we were pants all over the pitch.

Back 5 showed the same old frailties when pressed hard by the opposition, giving up possession too easily, and often comically.

Chicksen gave the ball away 3 times in our half resulting in a goal and two good chances. Hopefully that is a great learning experience for him. I fully expect that he will not start at Leeds and will be on the bench for most of the season.

Bridcutt had an awful game - how some people are calling that performance "immense" and "MOTM" is beyond my comprehension. Gave the ball away far too often, and got caught in possession a few times as well when he should have got rid. Confidently predict that that is the worst I will see him play this season, as he is class.

Crofts is not good enough to be a starter - let's get Kemmy signed ASAP.

A good test tonight, that showed we are a very long way off a Premier League side, but on the basis of the first half we have enough to be challenging at the right end of the Championship. It looks like we will make more chances and score more goals than last term - but don't expect such a good defensive record this time up....

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
From those in attendance please[/QUOT

Just looked at your profile. You start a lot of these threads about ratings, along with someone else who's name escapes me at the moment. Do you actually go to games?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here