Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So there was free travel after all!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was an inspector on my train, going to the match, who asked to see tickets, but not on the way home. Isn't there a machine to buy tickets on the station?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There was no one at Seaford to take my money! I had a fiver in me hand. I was then quite prepared to give it to an inspector but none were forthcoming!
Surely there's a machine at seaford? There's three at London rd and youve not technically been allowed to buy them on the train for years. ...

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Didnt pay a penny. Im on the train now, the ticket says free travel not included and i had thr absolute genius idea of holdig my finger on the NOT word. Free travel FINGER included boom

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Seaford station closed. No ticket inspectors either way. Free travel... and to think we all made such a fuss!
Do you consider steeling to be something to be proud of? People like you are the reason everyone has to pay travel with their ticket, even if they don't use it.

Surely there's a machine at seaford? There's three at London rd and youve not technically been allowed to buy them on the train for years. ...
So why do the conductors carry ticket machines?

My ticket was inspected between Lewes and Falmer, btw. But the four coach train was half empty - just after 5.35pm.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jesus, how does getting to a closed station and then not seeing any inspectors constitute stealing!

There is a machine to buy tickets which takes cash or card. I rushed onto my station just as the train pulled in, so jumped on the train and paid the inspector. I walked down the train to look for her. You travelled without payment which is theft.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Jesus, how does getting to a closed station and then not seeing any inspectors constitute stealing!

You could have used a ticket machine. Just because no one was there to enforce payment it does not mean jumping straight onto the train without paying isn't steeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here