Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Stand up if you love Brighton'

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brilliant riposte from the brave soul who gave the perfect reply to the lame Palace-obsessed version from the North Stand.

:bowdown:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Personally i'd prefer to let the Ruby go down,sit on the couch and enjoy another beer if it's all the same........

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Was pretty near to me over in the west, if you're on here fair play to you mate it was a good effort :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Was pretty near to me over in the west, if you're on here fair play to you mate it was a good effort :thumbsup:

Good effort, bad timing.

That said, anyone in WSL who critiques any other singers whilst not ever singing themselves can do one. Just about to start my second year in WSL due to not getting the 'move application' in soon enough, hopefully get back to WSU soon.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good effort, bad timing.

That said, anyone in WSL who critiques any other singers whilst not ever singing themselves can do one. Just about to start my second year in WSL due to not getting the 'move application' in soon enough, hopefully get back to WSU soon.

Where were the much vaunted WSU tonight? Didn't hear a peep from them all match. :p

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Good effort, bad timing.

wellslowwoody

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Vegas Sea dull

About as quick witted and humour filled as your comment, so therefore as dull as ditchwater.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
wellslowwoody

I obviously actually am Well Slow Woody.

After my pique filled first response to this riposte, my wife has now pointed out the comedy value in Vegas Gull's comment. Unfortunately I still struggled to grasp the concept until it was explained to me in single syllables. I am obviously still struggling after yesterdays intake of alcohol at The Amex and other hostelries and am taking the easy option of blaming Paul Barber for everything!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

I think that's my only quibble with the east and west, great views but trying to join in with the North's songs only get you people staring as if your some kind of basket case. The very best I've ever got away with during matches (other than SBTS) was the odd 'Albion' and 'Seagulls' and then just humming the rest! Thankfully my ST is in the North for this year.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Excellent; I find the Palace-focussed songs tedious.

I think this is the big difference between The North Stand at The Goldstone and The North Stand at The Amex. The North Standers at the Goldstone were a lot more inventive with the songs/ chants etc, used to be quite humorous as well sometimes, and to be honest it was a far more enjoyable experience as far as that goes. The tedious chants about Palace and some of the other stuff at The Amex just leaves me cold. I just wish I could transpose the atmosphere at The Goldstone to The Amex. Obviously as far as Stadiums go there is no comparison.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I think this is the big difference between The North Stand at The Goldstone and The North Stand at The Amex. The North Standers at the Goldstone were a lot more inventive with the songs/ chants etc, used to be quite humorous as well sometimes, and to be honest it was a far more enjoyable experience as far as that goes. The tedious chants about Palace and some of the other stuff at The Amex just leaves me cold. I just wish I could transpose the atmosphere at The Goldstone to The Amex. Obviously as far as Stadiums go there is no comparison.

Are we talking about the same Goldstone North Stand?!!!! - the one on the Old Shoreham Road opposite Hove Park........or is it the other one where we won the European Cup, and supped nectar and ambrosia at half time whilst enjoying jolly banter with those cheeky chaps from Cold Blow Lane?:angel:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Are we talking about the same Goldstone North Stand?!!!! - the one on the Old Shoreham Road opposite Hove Park........or is it the other one where we won the European Cup, and supped nectar and ambrosia at half time whilst enjoying jolly banter with those cheeky chaps from Cold Blow Lane?:angel:

European cup? don't remember that. But I do remember enjoying the football experience from an atmosphere point of view far more then than I do now. Amex yes a great stadium with second to none facilties, no contest.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I obviously actually am Well Slow Woody.

After my pique filled first response to this riposte, my wife has now pointed out the comedy value in Vegas Gull's comment. Unfortunately I still struggled to grasp the concept until it was explained to me in single syllables. I am obviously still struggling after yesterdays intake of alcohol at The Amex and other hostelries and am taking the easy option of blaming Paul Barber for everything!

:lol:

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
I think that's my only quibble with the east and west, great views but trying to join in with the North's songs only get you people staring as if your some kind of basket case. The very best I've ever got away with during matches (other than SBTS) was the odd 'Albion' and 'Seagulls' and then just humming the rest! Thankfully my ST is in the North for this year.

Agreed. WSL and East are 'Albion' and 'seagulls' only territory - on a good day. I've felt like a right muppet in WSL when trying to jam along to the north. Stick to the north, pal, you're clearly one of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here