Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's line up vs Leeds - your predictions

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Now we're only 1 week away I was looking through the squad list and trying to predict OG's first eleven for next Saturday's first game at Leeds. My team would be :

Kuszczak

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Calderon

Buckley
Bridcutt
Caskey
Orlandi

Ulloa
Barnes

Subs - Ankergren / El-Abd / Barker / Crofts / Lua Lua / Chicksen / Dunk

Even with a lack of new faces I still reckon that's a pretty strong line up, and I'd love to see JFC given his chance this season. What's your eleven?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Now we're only 1 week away I was looking through the squad list and trying to predict OG's first eleven for next Saturday's first game at Leeds. My team would be :

Kuszczak

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Calderon

Buckley
Bridcutt
Caskey
Orlandi

Ulloa
Barnes

Even with a lack of new faces I still reckon that's a pretty strong line up, and I'd love to see JFC given his chance this season. What's your eleven?
i would swap caskey for crofts

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Kuszczak

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Calderon

Buckley
Bridcutt
Caskey
Orlandi

Ulloa
Barnes

I imagine we will sign a left back, who replaces Calderon/Bruno depending on Bruno's fitness. If Agustien signs, he will replace Forster Caskey in your team as well. Other than that, I think the only question is whether we play Barnes, LuaLua or a new signing in that final position. I think it will be 4-3-3 as with last season as that seems to be Oscar's favoured formation.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Leeds are likely to be nervous being at home on the opening day. As others have said we should look to go at them from the off, with Barnes, Ulloa, Buckley and Lua Lua spear-heading our attack. Great to see we've signed Agustien. 3 in a row at Elland Road?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Kuszczak

Bruno~Greer~Upson~Chicksen

Bridcutt~Agustien

Buckley~Vicente (or another superflair new signing or Barnes)~Orlandi

Ulloa

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Kuszczak
Calderon Greer Upson Chicksen
Bridcutt Agustein
Orlandi
Buckley Ulloa LuaLua

Brezovan El-Abd Dunk Crofts JFC Barker Barnes

Assuming the injured are still injured and no new signings arrive

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Honestly think it's impossible to say, not least because we may well have 3 or 4 new players (inc. Agustien) by then. We're bound know a little more after the Villarreal and Norwich friendlies, but I think Oscar may take us by surprise with a few of his decisions, given that he's come in with no preconceptions and has obviously taken every opportunity to run the rule over a number of our younger players.

As to what those bold selections will be, I'm not sure - but it's perfectly possible that there'll be a couple of established first team players who haven't overly impressed him, whilst he may have seen something in one or two of the DS players that'll better suit the system he wishes to implement. He's very much kept us guessing so far this pre-season as to his preferred XI.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bruno Injured ?

Kuszczak
Calderon
Upson
Greer
Chicksen
Orlandi
Bridcutt
Buckley
Lualua
Barnes
Ulloa

Shoot on sight line up for me for the opener , Leeds will be missing Diouf , Byram , and possibly Austin good chance for us to bag a opening day away win .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here