Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just met Solly March's grandparents - in Bath!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Just back from our local pub in Bath. Had struck up a conversation with a friendly older couple who were on holiday in Bath. They said they live in Eastbourne, so I said I was originally from Lancing. Conversation turned to shared support of the Seagulls, whereupon they informed me that their grand-son is Solly March - and they are going home in the morning to see him play in against Villarreal! :cool:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Must be an omen!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Found out a mate of mine knows his dad well. Didn't seem to know anything about the OG rating him so that's why Dave went post someone put on here...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sounds like his progress has been faster than expected (always highly touted) from the pre-season so far. Didn't look that special at Hastings tbh but perhaps surrounded by better players tomorrow :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Good story, small world.
Very nice place Bath and good pubs but did find one with a very dodgy name!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sounds like his progress has been faster than expected (always highly touted) from the pre-season so far. Didn't look that special at Hastings tbh but perhaps surrounded by better players tomorrow :)

Poyet was quoted in the Argus back on March 1st saying March "..is closer than he probably thinks but, of course, we are trying to bring him through at the right time. ...and I am looking forward to making him train with the first team in the summer and being a first team player next year."

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Good story, small world.
Very nice place Bath and good pubs but did find one with a very dodgy name!

I spend a lot of time in Bath & refuse to patronise that particular hostelry!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just back from our local pub in Bath. Had struck up a conversation with a friendly older couple who were on holiday in Bath. They said they live in Eastbourne, so I said I was originally from Lancing. Conversation turned to shared support of the Seagulls, whereupon they informed me that their grand-son is Solly March - and they are going home in the morning to see him play in against Villarreal! :cool:
Met the grandmother in Tesco in Hailsham...Sollys dad was a decent player too...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I played football with Nick a few times in my youth. He lives 100 yards down the road from me.

Seeing as his dad is Steve, and he lives 100 yards down the road from me.......i'm confused.
I can see Solly's new car from my bedroom window.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was driving through Thornton Heath last weekend and was amused to see a pub called 'the Albion'. It's swathed in blue and red and is the self declared home of Crystal Palace. Surely you'd just change the name?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is he related to Albion legend George Zilwood "Zach" March?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here