Hammond

Left:

Crofts
Bridcutt
Orlandi
LuaLua
Buckley
JFC/March (maybe)

We play a FIVE man midfield, including wingers. Ideally you want TWO players for every position. We need to sign a CRAPLOAD of midfielders.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out:

Harley
Dicker
Vicente
Dobbie
Spanish Dave
Hammond

Left:

Crofts
Bridcutt
Orlandi
LuaLua
Buckley
JFC/March (maybe)

We play a FIVE man midfield, including wingers. Ideally you want TWO players for every position. We need to sign a CRAPLOAD of midfielders.

or 2 definite starters,job done

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
or 2 definite starters,job done

We'd still be MASSIVELY short of cover, if we only signed 2.

We need:

2 more wingers
1 more DM
1 more AM

I would say.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Can't see us playing 5 in midfield.
Can't see that we can at present.
Barnes, Leo, Will - 3 up top

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

We need:

2 more wingers
1 more DM
1 more AM

I would say.

Why do we need 2 more wide men, we have sufficient of sufficient quality in Buckley, Lua Lu and Orlandi if needed and with wing backs that can attack we are well covered. We just need a defensive partner to Bridcutt and an attack minded midfielder who can get forward to support the strikers and score 8 -10 goals in a season. so the answer IS 2 definite 1st choice starters.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
ST: Ulloa, CMS, Hoskins, Barnes, Barker
RW: Buckley, March, LuaLua, Dickenson, Barker
LW: LuaLua, Barnes, March, Dickenson, Barker
CAM: Orlandi, JFC, March, Dickenson
CM: Orlandi, Crofts, JFC, Richards
CDM: Bridcutt, Ince

We have the legs just not the experience.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Oscar plays 433, possibly 2 strikers & 1 winger up top so 4 midfielders in total. Still a couple short though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the plus side this is still a cracking midfield:-

Crofts
Bridcutt
Orlandi
LuaLua
Buckley

If it weren't for the sick notes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't see us playing 5 in midfield.
Can't see that we can at present.
Barnes, Leo, Will - 3 up top

I'm referring to the attacking wingers (Buckley, LuaLua, Barnes) as midfielders. I think we'll play same as under Gus, 4-5-1 changing to 4-3-3

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why do we need 2 more wide men, we have sufficient of sufficient quality in Buckley, Lua Lu and Orlandi if needed and with wing backs that can attack we are well covered. We just need a defensive partner to Bridcutt and an attack minded midfielder who can get forward to support the strikers and score 8 -10 goals in a season. so the answer IS 2 definite 1st choice starters.

Wing backs?! You're suggesting playing 433 and wing backs? So effectively THREE defensive players in the whole team. That's total insanity.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If you look at the midfielders we've lost there's only 2 that were regular starters and need replacing, It shows how much dead wood we were carrying.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

We need:

2 more wingers
1 more DM
1 more AM

I would say.

Totally, totally agree. Its a long season. I think we are lining up a spaniard or 2. Have to be or we could end up in poo creek. We need more creativity

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm referring to the attacking wingers (Buckley, LuaLua, Barnes) as midfielders. I think we'll play same as under Gus, 4-5-1 changing to 4-3-3

I reckon we won't and suspect signings to bare that out (but also perfectly happy to be wrong)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What are you talking about? Have you ever seen us play at The Amex as we play with very attack minded full backs rather than standard defensive ones so effectively wing backs, and I cant see that changing under Garcia.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who will be the new number 10?

I think Oscar will play 4-4-2 (Capello-style) and 4-3-3 which both means one winger at a time. On the other side the full-back overlaps.

However, if our players are flexible I cannot see why Lualua or Buckley cannot play the additional striker role. Or rather I can see them struggling a bit.

The trouble with our current midfield is set pieces (David or Vicente) and the physical presence and ball winning of Dean Hammond is missing.

I see Orlandi starting as the left-sided player. Maybe he will play the Gerrard role behind the main striker. That still means that Lualua could play a Suarez-type role if he has the nous? I prefer him to Macca. Lualua showed some ability in one match near the end of the season. Was that Wolves (I can't remember now) ?

Last edited:

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Everyone needs to keep calm. We will be fine...... breathe...... trust the club and enjoy the ride. Sometimes it will bumpy, but always it's worth it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here