Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty restaurants - interactive map

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Some surprising ratings on there. Hands up, all that had a burger at The Dripping Pan.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh dear, my favourite Chinese got a 1 :tantrum:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Oh dear, my favourite Chinese got a 1 :tantrum:

Mine too. It's not a cheap place either, even my local got a 1. It's a marvel that I'm still alive.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Pub next door to me got a 3. Amex gets a 5. Surely some cost savings could be achieved here - a 3 would be enough?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Bangkok Express got a 1. I will still eat there

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The outlet next to the bar? Or the burger van in the corner, next to Mountfield Road? Last season? Or the season before?

Things change.

Map was published today in the Guardian. Name: Lewes Football Club

Type of business: Pub/bar/nightclub
Address Line: Dripping Pan
Post Code: BN7 2XA
Rating Value: 2
Rating Date: 17/10/2011
Local Authority Name: Lewes
Link for full source: http://ratings.food.gov.uk/OpenDataFiles\FHRS105en-GB.xml

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pompoko 5 wahey! Have that you mugs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like Pompoko, shame you feel like you are going to suffocate sitting in there.

I know what you mean, but at the same time I like the cosiness, and feel it wouldn't be the same if it was double the size. With Pompoko and Yo Sushi, there really is no excuse to go to Wagamama's. Shame that MoMo's Dumplings bar in the narrow la(i)ne (don't care, pedants) had to shut, but their menu was too limited.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I hate this sort of rubbish. It can destroy a business!

Everyone should ask themselves...is the food good? Did it poison you? If the answer is yes and no then carry on eating there. If not then go elsewhere.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Wow- What a surprise that the Branch Tavern is in the red!

Though one of my fave pubs (Mash Tun) and my fave cafe (Marwoods) are both in the red too.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

Everyone should ask themselves...is the food good? Did it poison you? If the answer is yes and no then carry on eating there. If not then go elsewhere.

Problem is you don't know if the food's good. Could have bought it off the back of a white van. Might be ok for a dozen times but the next visit may carry some nasty bugs. Some of these food poisoning bugs can take years to clear up.
I look at it like this:- if the ownership has gone to the effort of obtaining a "5" it shows their attitude in life is to work hard and be conscientious, A "1" on the other hand could indicate a sloppy attitude in everything they do.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Why? It's the restaurants duty to keep the place clean, if they are not doing this then everyone should know, maybe now they'll make more of an effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here