Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the original source of ANY genuine BHA transfer news ever been footballrumours.co.uk?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If not, can people PLEASE stop bringing football rumours threads up as if they're of any meaning or consequence.

Thanks.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I dunno, I think it's quite funny making up stuff and posting it on there and then watching the more gullible repeat it on here. The trick is not to make them too outlandish.

Well I don't get out much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So it looks like the answer to my question is no. Not a SINGLE credible rumour has ever originated from that site.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everyone seems to be thinking I'm saying "No one post any transfer rumours." I'm not.

I'm saying "Why does anyone give ANY credence to that website when it has NO track record whatsoever of breaking genuine BHA news?"

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If not, can people PLEASE stop bringing football rumours threads up as if they're of any meaning or consequence.

Thanks.

http://www.footballrumours.co.uk isn't working.

I use this one http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/brighton-rumours.php

They got Wayne Bridge right last year, and a few other possibilities like Simeon Jackson.

There is always a difference between targeting negotiations with players and actually signing them. So there are some truths amongst the rubbish.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Everyone seems to be thinking I'm saying "No one post any transfer rumours." I'm not.

I'm saying "Why does anyone give ANY credence to that website when it has NO track record whatsoever of breaking genuine BHA news?"

I am sure there was something posted on football rumours about Gus going and Oscar taking over as manager, it was pretty accurate, even down to the days it was all going to happen on. I know it's been posted on here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit Found it here (from the original football rumours thread)

This one is the latest -----------

22 Jun 2013 05:56:55
Lot of speculation about Poyet still, let me put it straight, because what's stated below is drivel.

Brighton are currently closing a pretty small financial deal with Poyets representative to have him walk away. The alternative is that he will be sacked and the mess gets dragged through the courts, potentially. The internal club disciplinary against Poyet is now concluded and the club want him gone. They found him guilty of two breaches of contract. He has till Sunday 23rd June to agree to the package or be fired forthwith.

Oscar Garcia Junyent is to be hired as the new Brighton Manager, expected to be Monday June 24th, but can't be completed until Poyets walk away package is finalised one way or the other by Sunday latest.

Expect announcement regarding Poyet by Monday latest, expect announce regarding Oscar Garcia Junyent shortly
Thereafter.

End of!

Source, me, and I will not be telling you how I know.

Posted on 22nd and the Gus sacking announced on 23rd. The only rumour on there that has ever come true.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are transfers the only thing that can possibly be interesting to discuss or read about? Without them do you really have nothing to pass your time? Some of the responses would suggest so, and I pity those people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here