Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rail cost from London to Brighton

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Holy cow! I'm travelling down to Brighton on the 3rd August, and was considering coming down by train, but a single ticket is 22 ****ing quid!!!!! For a ****ing 30 ****ing minute ****ing train journey!! How is this in anyway competitive against a car journey?!?!?!

Someone, somewhere, is making oodles and oodles of pissing cash.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
and guess what. on top of the £22, theres a........wait for it......... £1.50 ****ing booking fee!!!!!!! sweet mary mother of god!!!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Holy cow! I'm travelling down to Brighton on the 3rd August, and was considering coming down by train, but a single ticket is 22 ****ing quid!!!!! For a ****ing 30 ****ing minute ****ing train journey!! How is this in anyway competitive against a car journey?!?!?!

Have you really checked as you can get a ticket for a fiver

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
and guess what. on top of the £22, theres a........wait for it......... £1.50 ****ing booking fee!!!!!!! sweet mary mother of god!!!

Not on the Southern Website there isn't. If you're only travelling one way, should be some advanced deals on there. The only stipulation. You are restricted to the train you nominate.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I had to go from Brighton to Manchester at fairly late notice earlier in the year. Needed to arrive mid morning so rush hour price it was.

Went in a few days before to book (as soon as I knew I had to go) and was quoted nearly £400 to go one day and return the next.

I was a bit shocked and asked, politely because I knew it wasn't the seller's fault, how the train company could justify it being so much and the man said, "You don't ask Tesco to justify their prices."

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
This £5 saver is a magic gimmick to visit the site - Southern still stipulate £22.50 from Clapham to Brighton. ****ing con.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
This £5 saver is a magic gimmick to visit the site - Southern still stipulate £22.50 from Clapham to Brighton. ****ing con.

I booked return from London Bridge to Haywards Heath on 10/8 for £6.25 this morning on the Southern Website. Granted I get an extra 1/3 for a gold card but the full price is still under a tenner.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Try a DaySave, you have to get it 7 days in advance, £14 unlimited travel on Southern all day.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
None of the offers are available, seems to me that Southern are on a money making exercise on Albion fans. *******s.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6

Firstly - 30 minutes? Whoosh!

Secondly (and more helpfully) try searching for return journeys. Very often with London-Brighton they are cheaper than the singles. You can then dump the return portion. Or leave it on the screen at the ticket machine as a friendly gesture, though there's probably a 70 year old railway bylaw that Ernest knows that demands you be pelted with gravel if you do it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Go from London Bridge, it's under a tenner.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
None of the offers are available, seems to me that Southern are on a money making exercise on Albion fans. *******s.

I just searched London Terminals to Brighton 3/8 £10 return, you can't be looking properly

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

But we're playing Leeds away on 3rd August. Just admit you're coming down for Pride. Nowt wrong with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here