Anyone been to Kusadasi?
What resort did you stay in?
Is a day trip to Ephesus worth doing?
Any other tips much appreciated.
Cheers x

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Think I saw a report recently about the place...maybe some friction between some muslim residents, and some drunk, indecent tourists... not sure where I read it, but there must be something on the net regarding it...I seem to recall some women getting killed there, but what it was about I cant remember. I would imagine its mostly ok for people behaving normally..

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes
No resort I live near there - tell me where you are thinking of
Yes but it will be VERY HOT!
PM me if you want to know more

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Is a day trip to Ephesus worth doing?

The 4 hour flight back to Haywards Heath seems a bit excessive, and I don't rate their kebabs anyway.

ephesus2.JPG

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Think I saw a report recently about the place...maybe some friction between some muslim residents, and some drunk, indecent tourists... not sure where I read it, but there must be something on the net regarding it...I seem to recall some women getting killed there, but what it was about I cant remember. I would imagine its mostly ok for people behaving normally..

:eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yes..nice place.

Showed the guide at Ephesus my OU Student card and they took us around the excavations that the public don't get to see. Fabulous. A bonus after reading books and books about the romans and Greeks!

Also go to "Mary's house" up in the hill side by ST Johns castled city. I am not religious but that is worth the trip alone...very beautiful and serene place.

Kusadasi is justa port city and once you have been round it and been hassled by the Turkish traders, you will not want to go again. The outskirts are really pretty and some lovely beaches.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We spent a week in Kusadasi a few years ago and loved it. It might have changed a bit since then but there are (were) some great restaurants in town and a bit of bartering when shopping is good.

Ephesus isn't that far away and is fabulous. It's a long day down to Pamukkale but is well worth going. There are some beautifully preserved old Roman baths there as well and it's like swimming in warm Alka Seltzer. Fabulous for all those little aches and pains.

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
yes..nice place.

Showed the guide at Ephesus my OU Student card and they took us around the excavations that the public don't get to see. Fabulous. A bonus after reading books and books about the romans and Greeks!

Also go to "Mary's house" up in the hill side by ST Johns castled city. I am not religious but that is worth the trip alone...very beautiful and serene place.

Kusadasi is justa port city and once you have been round it and been hassled by the Turkish traders, you will not want to go again. The outskirts are really pretty and some lovely beaches.

This

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

I live two hours away and I can assure you Kusadasi is fine.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
As others have said, Pamukkale is an absolute must.

It's recently been restored (almost) to its former glory, definitely one of the wonders of the natural world.

Before 1995 Pammukkale was one of the wonders of the world. You could go out of your room and swim straight int he natural pools even when snow was on the mountains. The best New Year I ever had!

Thankfully for conservation those hotels are long gone but its still a good visit. If the hotel will organise a trip to Aphrodisias and /or the new site of Heiropolis and Laedocia.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Have stayed at aqua fantasy hotel 3 times just outside kusadasi great hotel, take the local dolmas to Ephesus only costs a quid . Top tip visit early as very hot in afternoon and also miss all the American tourists off the boats walking around filming with iPads

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Have stayed at aqua fantasy hotel 3 times just outside kusadasi great hotel, take the local dolmas to Ephesus only costs a quid . Top tip visit early as very hot in afternoon and also miss all the American tourists off the boats walking around filming with iPads

Seconded.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Kusadasi mainly a huge port, loads of bartering to be done and numerous opportunities to drink tea in just about every shop you visit. I stayed at Altinkum back in the late 80's and that was lovely yet quite quiet. Ephesus great except for the huge Coca cola advert type thing. Pammukkale very interesting as well. Visit Ephesus before midday as, as others have said, heat can be unbearable. 43 degrees when I went...too much. Beware using local buses. I got on one and all the turks were sitting on the right hand side. Ha, I thought sit where you like on the left of the bus! Turns out the minute the bus left the bus station al the left hand seats were in full and unbearable sun, very uncomfortable indeed and made worse by sniggering locals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here