Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trolls Pantry.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Heading there on Saturday before the game. I've heard the guy makes the best burgers around and the reviews are great. My question is, what is recommended and is it really that good?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Went there when they were at the wood yard on circus street, had a great burger, not been to them at hobgoblin yet,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This chap gets 5 Tubthumper stars. Myself and meat (and scotch egg) Meister @TheDonkeyCentreHalf have been experimenting with this chap's produce and suggest less is more. Just get one of his simple cheese burgers so the meat, cheese and sweetness of the bread balances out. If you go for his more full-on affairs you really need a double for the meat to cut through the caramelised onions etc... and at 300g a burger that's a lot of meat in one bun. Both are great but for me his simple cheese burger works best.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Heard theyre good. Does it mean having to go into the Hobgoblin though?

When are you judging the Hobgoblin from? If it's more than 2 years or so ago, you'll be in for a very pleasant suprise. It's changed management, they've tarted it up a bit, updated the music policy & made what was already a lovely beer garden outstanding. Despite that the ale is still pretty cheap.

Unless of course you did know it had changed and said this because you want it to go back to the denim and black, sweatpit it once was. If so, please accept my apologies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When are you judging the Hobgoblin from? If it's more than 2 years or so ago, you'll be in for a very pleasant suprise. It's changed management, they've tarted it up a bit, updated the music policy & made what was already a lovely beer garden outstanding. Despite that the ale is still pretty cheap.

Unless of course you did know it had changed and said this because you want it to go back to the denim and black, sweatpit it once was. If so, please accept my apologies.

Yes. I agree with all of this.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
My other half was convinced she had been in the Hobgoblin before, until I pointed out to her, that it was the Prince Albert, by the station she had been in. Same vibe same crowd, I would say.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I haven't tried one of these yet which is shameful since the Hobgoblin is down the end of my street. I'll have to get one tonight.

I second Burger Brothers being really good although from what I've been told by friends Trolls Pantry is much better. A dirty Grubbs is still high on the cheap post pub burger though as Burger Brothers is a bit expensive and closes too early.

The Hobgoblin has a really excellent beer garden now if people haven't been recently, the best I've been to in central Brighton at least (not saying much I know).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My other half was convinced she had been in the Hobgoblin before, until I pointed out to her, that it was the Prince Albert, by the station she had been in. Same vibe same crowd, I would say.
Your 'girlfriend' stated a FACT and you pointed out she was wrong, with evidence to back that up.

A likely story.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Trolls is good & as HT suggested, the basic burger is, for me anyway the best. Only criticism is it is rather expensive & not much choice.
Another good alternative & they have far more options is the chap behind the Sussex pub in East Street (next to Giggling Squid) - Brighton Burgers i think it's called, expanding my waistline nicely.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gonna say, Hobgoblin's alright innit? Beer garden is great.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

No I didnt know it had changed though im sure someone told me the beer is very pricey. Ill give it a try, thanks.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No I didnt know it had changed though im sure someone told me the beer is very pricey. Ill give it a try, thanks.

I might be wrong but I think they had Dark Star APA on at £3.49, which is a little bit lower than Brighton average, not Weatherspoons good I'll grant you.

Egged on by this thread I've just had a double imperial from the Street Food Market at the Brighthelm Centre. As good as ever and I managed to not get it all over myself which is a bonus. I do however, need a quick nap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here