Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to ditch the whole travel malarkey?

Would it not be possible to go back to that outdated system of get yourself along to game? Would be quite happy if free travel,p/r and special buses came to an end.Keep my £50 and stick it in the tin for players,i think the club have got themselves into a no win situation and the £50 x 22,000 would put a few quid back into the clubs hands.
Would anyone stop coming if they had to use and pay for public transport???
What do reckon pups:blush:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
In that case I'd be paying £11.80 most weeks for a return down to Brighton then a few quid more to get up to Falmer and then on top of that pie, pint and programme...yeah f*ck the free travel! :wozza:

Yes.

I have done some very basic calculations, for me that is travelling from where I do:

£50 off the season ticket.
£121 on the train.
or
£140 on Seagulls travel.

Going Seagulls travel will save me money as I won't be meeting in Burgess Hill having a pint, going to Lewes having 2 more to meet the rest, going to Stadium having 2 more before the game another 1 at half time, 1 maybe 2 after waiting for trains to die down.

As it happens I'll be doing this now anyway to avoid spending my money on overpriced pisswater and food passing itself off as Homemade.

yes.

I have done some very basic calculations, for me that is travelling from where i do:

£121 on the train.
Or
£140 on seagulls travel.

Going seagulls travel will save me money as i won't be meeting in burgess hill having a pint, going to lewes having 2 more to meet the rest, going to stadium having 2 more before the game another 1 at half time, 1 maybe 2 after waiting for trains to die down.

As it happens i'll be doing this now anyway to avoid spending my money on overpriced pisswater and food passing itself off as homemade.
or £100 on the mid sussex seagulls bus?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont know how much the club account for each person, but i worry that its more than the cost of actual travel by the fans. Do they pay x amount in case everyone is comeing from Hywards Heath, or do they guessimate how many people come from various locations and strike a deal accordingly? a subsidy from Brighton/Lewes falmer and maybe buses seems a sensible but paying for thousands of trips from Haywards Heath seems too much. of course we'd expect the ticket price to come down...

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I save 90p per game with the £50 travel scheme so I would be better off if they scrapped it, just like a lot of others travelling from the east.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club certainly aren't going to learn much from their Fans Travel survey that arrived in my junk mail today. Happy to provide feedback but 'This survey is currently closed. Please contact the author of this survey for further assistance.' Oh well.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Yes.

I have done some very basic calculations, for me that is travelling from where I do:

£121 on the train.
or
£140 on Seagulls travel.

Going Seagulls travel will save me money as I won't be meeting in Burgess Hill having a pint, going to Lewes having 2 more to meet the rest, going to Stadium having 2 more before the game another 1 at half time, 1 maybe 2 after waiting for trains to die down.

As it happens I'll be doing this now anyway to avoid spending my money on overpriced pisswater and food passing itself off as Homemade.
Your'e a damn fine customer Hillian 1, does Mr Barber know you go to these lengths? You are deserved of The Golden Seagull Medal for my money just for the beer drinking alone to get through matchdays.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Your'e a damn fine customer Hillian 1, does Mr Barber know you go to these lengths? You are deserved of The Golden Seagull Medal for my money just for the beer drinking alone to get through matchdays.

He's got a serious dose of tedium about beer and food at the Amex.

By his own admission, he doesn't eat at the stadium, but still slags the food off. Any time it's mentioned, he comes on here and moans himself blue about it - in case anyone is interested, and in case we didn't catch it the first 600 times.

He's got a serious dose of tedium about beer and food at the Amex.

By his own admission, he doesn't eat at the stadium, but still slags the food off. Any time it's mentioned, he comes on here and moans himself blue about it - in case anyone is interested, and in case we didn't catch it the first 600 times.

I've never moaned about the beer before, and my last few remarks about the food was quite complimentary having started to eat again but I do take issue with the homemade line.

And, if I'm not mistaken, I am allowed an opinion on all things BHA on this, a fans forum.

Just because I don't feel the need to back everything that goes on does not mean I am any less entitled to voice my concerns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here