Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Numbers on the back of the new shirts are very difficult to see.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It was almost impossible to make out the numbers at any distance at Crawley last night so what's it going to belike from way up in WSU?

Not impressed. We'll need opera glasses.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Got a feeling the FL will tell us to change the colour of the numbers to black so they will be visible. How long will it be before an innocent player gets a yellow card because the ref's assistant cannot read the yellow numbers on the back of the shirt ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I can tell even from the upper stands who's who, so not too bothered myself.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Got a feeling the FL will tell us to change the colour of the numbers to black so they will be visible. How long will it be before an innocent player gets a yellow card because the ref's assistant cannot read the yellow numbers on the back of the shirt ?

Or the club might make the call themselves and change the colour of the numbers like they did the season before last after the Portsmouth game.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
obviously I know that we'll all know who is in goal for us, but I find it strange how on the keepers' top (which is dark green) the printing is black. Surely that would be clearer if it is white?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Or the club might make the call themselves and change the colour of the numbers like they did last season after the Portsmouth game.

The blue numbers on the back of the away shirt show up quite well. From a distance Bruno and El Abd have a very similar physique and shiny heads so without me wearing my glasses it is difficult to tell them apart. :lol:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
They look like they used masking tape to make the numbers. I could only just about make out the numbers at the lewes game.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I hope they get the numbers sorted out, the numbers are the only way i can tell the difference between Bridcutt and Ulloa.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought it was an FA/FL rule that if you had a stripy kit, that the back of the shirt had to have a panel to accommodate an easily visible number

No, there is no such rule. There used to be for if a team made it to European matches, but I think even that might have been relaxed, but for sure, no FL or EPL rule.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I hope they get the numbers sorted out, the numbers are the only way i can tell the difference between Bridcutt and Ulloa.

I tend to get KLL and Kush mixed up, lets hope it gets sorted quick!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here