Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion agreed to Reading's offer for Gus Poyet?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just found a story saying that we actually accepted Readings offer for Gus and encouraged him to take it.

Don't know how accurate the story is but it seems like the club initiated this potential move to give Poyet the chance to leave for a club with more money than what we had to spend.

story here

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just found a story saying that we actually accepted Readings offer for Gus and encouraged him to take it.

Don't know how accurate the story is but it seems like the club initiated this potential move to give Poyet the chance to leave for a club with more money than what we had to spend.

story here

That's a BLOG rather than a story. (although I do also understand that particular scenario to be true)

Oh, and ... hi Jamie :wave:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That is just a Brighton fan interpreting what happened , he could be spot on but without having inside knowledge he wouldn't have the foggiest like the rest of us. Unless Uncle Tony has confided in him we can all draw our own conclusion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I sailing too close to unfounded speculation if I say that I heard he was actually on his way to sign and changed his mind and came back?

If so I'll delete the above...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Sometimes you have to speculate to accumalate

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BS!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
jackanory.jpg

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Pretty confident Poyet was never offered the job. I was invited to England/Ireland game at Wembley a couple of months ago by business associate. Nigel Adkins and his 2 sons were in the same corporate box. Turned out the guy who invited me has known Adkins since they were kids. I got talking to the guy who invited me and told him I was a Brighton fan and we discussed the Poyet/Adkins Reading situation. The guy told me that Adkins was always their number 1 choice and Poyet was not offered the job, thinks it was more of a possible back up if Adkins didn't take the job.

As an aside, had a brief chat with Adkins, seemed an ok guy tbh. Discussed the 'keeping up' comment and he just laughed it off as completely tongue in cheek but I forgot to mention the guard of honour (or lack of it). However, he didn't mention he was going after Wayne Bridge!! :angry:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Pretty confident Poyet was never offered the job. I was invited to England/Ireland game at Wembley a couple of months ago by business associate. Nigel Adkins and his 2 sons were in the same corporate box. Turned out the guy who invited me has known Adkins since they were kids. I got talking to the guy who invited me and told him I was a Brighton fan and we discussed the Poyet/Adkins Reading situation. The guy told me that Adkins was always their number 1 choice and Poyet was not offered the job, thinks it was more of a possible back up if Adkins didn't take the job.

As an aside, had a brief chat with Adkins, seemed an ok guy tbh. Discussed the 'keeping up' comment and he just laughed it off as completely tongue in cheek but I forgot to mention the guard of honour (or lack of it). However, he didn't mention he was going after Wayne Bridge!! :angry:

I heard the complete reverse of that....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here