Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick Tunnel shut any info ?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I was recently told by a friend that there is some sort of MOD facility built underground near the tunnel and this is often why it is closed overnight. Anyone know anything about this?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Closed both ways until at least 5pm, for those of you who use that route to get home from work.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was recently told by a friend that there is some sort of MOD facility built underground near the tunnel and this is often why it is closed overnight. Anyone know anything about this?

Yes, yes that is EXACTLY what it is :lolol:

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

i researched this a bit a couple of years ago.

ok, this small tunnel has about 20 doors - count the doors in other tunnels that are longer - you will be lucky to find one.

when this was built it took years and years - with sillly delay reasons like the tunnels where built too small so had to widen them.

this tunnel is closed many times in any 3 month mean.

the nearby gold course that was built (alot of digging) and a nearby airport link to th conspiracy.

for me, it is a text book DUMB, can any dog walkers find any above ground man holes, airholes or barb wire or anything?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

ok, this small tunnel has about 20 doors - count the doors in other tunnels that are longer - you will be lucky to find one.

when this was built it took years and years - with silly delay reasons like the tunnels where built too small so had to widen them.

the nearby gofd course that was built (alot of digging) and a nearby airport link to the conspiracy too.

for me, it is a text book DUMB, can any dog walkers find any above ground man holes, airholes, or barb wire fences, or anything?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

:lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

when this was built it took years and years - with silly delay reasons like the tunnels where built too small so had to widen them.

the nearby gofd course that was built (alot of digging) and a nearby airport link to the conspiracy too.

for me, it is a text book DUMB, can any dog walkers find any above ground man holes, airholes, or barb wire fences, or anything?

:lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've heard that rumour. Apparently they stage car crashes to close the road when they need to get things in and out.

There does seem to be a disproportionate amount of road closures on that stretch of dual carriageway, definite evidence of a military base.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Maybe the club are fitting a camera in the tunnel to see how many fans use that route to get to the games as the survey they emailed out was so shite. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here