Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond: UPDATE - Signs for Leicester City

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Still under contract with Saints for another year.

hack

Feb 24, 2009
He was on a list of players reportedly surplus to requirements but still under contract. Would probably be released for pretty much no cash to get rid if anyone wanted him...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was on a list of players reportedly surplus to requirements but still under contract. Would probably be released for pretty much no cash to get rid if anyone wanted him...

Correct.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hammond is still a Southampton player but can be released by "mutual consent" if another club wants him.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'd be happy to have him back with us. Maybe we'll be in for him if the Swansea fella doesn't work out.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
thought he was good in the latter part of the season and would certainly add some physicality to the midfield. Would be okay with this

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
So under-appreciated last season. I think he could deffinately do a job however I think it would be better all round if OG was to start building his own squad.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yep get Deano back, he was solid for us at the end of the season, even if its a year contract with an option to extend. plus he has got 5/6 goals in him a season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In a season of occasional high levels of frustration, Mr Hammond was the player I was consistently most frustrated by.

Even if he wasn't, he always seemed to be a second or 2 slower than everybody else.
Not helped by his desire to turn a full circle over the ball when it was passed to him.

There were many positives to be had, it's not like he was out of place in the team. But the positives seemed mainly based around solidity and not technical ability.

When we were on the verge of a pre Upson, centre half crisis I convinced myself Gus couldn't do too much harm dropping Hammond in back there.
From that point on his centre half talents shone through.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
would be happy with him back, used to take penalties for us years ago too

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we want to stand still as a side then by all means re sign hammond

If we want to play a faster passing game then clearly he is not for us

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we are going to play a get the ball to the front men quicker game then Hammond is the last player we want

Have to say I agree with this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here