Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Email spam from the club

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I quite like that they're still showing their loyalty to the companies that have supported them over the years - and that they're transparent with it (if not, there'd be a load of posts of "We don't hear anything from the club wah wah wah"

Just delete it if you're not willing to read it.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Does anyone really give a flying f*ck that Donatello are the new family area sponsors ???

UNSUBSCRIBE

I unsubscribed from the advertising last year, getting offered tickets for games when a season ticket holder was stupid, but stopped getting anything. Nothing, zilch, or everything seems to be the 2 settings!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I unsubscribed from the advertising last year, getting offered tickets for games when a season ticket holder was stupid, but stopped getting anything. Nothing, zilch, or everything seems to be the 2 settings!

Indeed, if I unsubscribe I may miss out on an offer and the club miss out on my custom.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Practically all of our "newsletters" are spammy commercial bollocks, either trying to milk more money out of us or promote commercial schemes.

Would be nice if they acknowledged that we are football fans by sending us something interesting for a change!

We had one from Uncle Tony recently which worth reading but most are of no interest as you say Mustafa.
The club needs to look at it's SNR.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Practically all of our "newsletters" are spammy commercial bollocks, either trying to milk more money out of us or promote commercial schemes.

Would be nice if they acknowledged that we are football fans by sending us something interesting for a change!

During pre-season? What are you hoping for?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think they are just a bit sensitive about the radio silence over the last few months while the Gus stuff wound on. God knows what they will do if we sign a top quality player.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Are IT First going to be announced as the New IT Sponsors tomorrow? Bet you can't wait.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I would be good to get an e-mail that is meaningful i.e. that we have signed someone decent. Getting a tad fed up with all the crap that we're receiving lately.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I sometimes wonder if some of the NSC posters are Brighton Fans or just a load of negative sad lonely moaners.!:fishing::drama::shootself

Can a fan not be a moaner too? I like to think I'm capable of wearing two hats. :rolleyes:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
In response to those who have been annoyed by the delivery of emails (alongside other much less commercial emails this week). These are part of the commercial partners' sponsorship deal (many of whom have been big supporters of the club for many, many years). We had planned to spread these across the summer, but felt it would have not been appropriate to have announced earlier in the summer for obvious reasons. Agreed there have been a large number this week, but our partners contribute significantly to the club, helping us to progress and keep moving forward... and of course things will settle down very soon.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In response to those who have been annoyed by the delivery of emails (alongside other much less commercial emails this week). These are part of the commercial partners' sponsorship deal (many of whom have been big supporters of the club for many, many years). We had planned to spread these across the summer, but felt it would have not been appropriate to have announced earlier in the summer for obvious reasons. Agreed there have been a large number this week, but our partners contribute significantly to the club, helping us to progress and keep moving forward... and of course things will settle down very soon.

Ignore them, most of them are just upset that it's not another email telling them how to get a bigger cock.

Jul 7, 2003

Dear Insider,

I unsubscribed from 'marketing' messages some time ago as I didn't want to receive the shop offers etc. what is not made clear to fans / customers is that unsubscribing stops all messages from the club. I only realised this when I found out that I had not received information about season ticket renewals and also the parking permit renewals. It appears that many others were also unaware of this.

I believe that the club need to review their marketing policies as I don't consider information about my season ticket renewal as a marketing message. I don't subscribe to my insurance companies marketing offers but they still email me when my policy is due for renewal.

Hope ths helps focus the discussion for you

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here