Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Outer Zone Travel

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
I saw the link to the Travel Survey and got quite excited that there might be a way of contributing to the debate - wrong!

Manyof us only travel past three stations from Polegate but still have to pay £6.50 a game to get into the travel zone at Lewes.

I wondered whether the club could negotiate with Southern for us to either have a Southern Matchday pass to be purchased from them for the season or a voucher from our station to Lewes?

My contribution to the travel plan is the same as everyone else's but only worth 90p a game.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I wrote to the club about this last season and was told they are looking into it but heard nothing else.
It is frustrating, they should either cancel it all together so everyone pays to falmer, or make it fairer.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I expect the reply will be something like "irrespective of the number of stations, it's 9 miles from falmer to shoreham or haywards heath, but 15 miles to polegate"

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Didn't let me choose St. Leonard's as a train station. :wozza:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I tried to get on the train from Southend and was disgusted to learn I am outside the zone.

Sack Barber.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Moan, moan, moan.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Didn't let me choose St. Leonard's as a train station. :wozza:

By not including anywhere further on the east coastline than Eastbourne on the survey I think we can take it they are not really interested in our viewpoint, survey wouldn't let me input in the "other" section, perhaps why the service is so poor particularly on a night game returning further than Eastbourne
(I would rather there was a reasonable service than a subsidy)

One defect in the Travel Survey (among many, it has to be said) is that it doesn't capture the informal "park and ride" arrangements that lots of fans make.

Stuff like ... drive to Lewes and catch the train; park up in Hove/Rottingdean and catch a Special Bus, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here