Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I see they've just "signed" 2 more players, one from Granada and, guess what, one from Udinese to go with the other 7 "signings" from these clubs they announced the other day. I know this has been discussed on several threads through last season but they really are taking the **** aren't they? Particularly as by all accounts they've got one of the best youth set-ups in the country.

D

Deleted member 18477

Hopefully they don't go up. They were awful against Palace and royally pissed me off!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The loan thing was a fiasco but I don't blame them for using the loophole. What I can't accept is one person/group owning two clubs and artificially moving players between them. It doesn't matter that they're in different leagues, show me another sport where two competitive teams are permitted to collude to the detriment of everyone else. It should be banned.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The loan thing was a fiasco but I don't blame them for using the loophole. What I can't accept is one person/group owning two clubs and artificially moving players between them. It doesn't matter that they're in different leagues, show me another sport where two competitive teams are permitted to collude to the detriment of everyone else. It should be banned.

These people, the Pozzos, owns three clubs but no Watford born and bred players appear to get "transferred" to the other two. They're making the rule makers look completely stupid IMHO and no doubt we'll say they were the best team we've played when the come and play us off the bloody park again. Aren't we in danger of being a tad too generous towards them?!

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
The Pozzos are only interested in getting their hands on the jackpot money. They couldn't give a shit about Watford, if they did then they'd start building the stand on the left hand side that they said they'd start building straight away but will stay derelict for seasons to come.

The only club that I want to see fail to gain promotion next season is Watford.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
And who is paying their wages now Watford have signed these players? Watford may yet still come unstuck with the FFS RULES.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And who is paying their wages now Watford have signed these players? Watford may yet still come unstuck with the FFS RULES.

The question that should be asked is are any of the new signings earning top wages , one way to bend the FFP rules is to have a playing budget that comes in lower than would be considered normal.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
FFP is no obstacle, if they are transferred to a club with lower wages it's perfectly legal for them to demand their old club to pay them the wage difference. So Watford's books will show low wages and the players will still be taking home loads.

You can manipulate anything if you own the clubs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How would the FFP have worked when Raymond Bloye was chairman of Palace as none of the players were employed by Palace but by Matthews Butchers, Bloye's company, as publicity agents and loaned to Palace to play football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here